32: Bait

(Unimportant note at the end)

You couldn't take it anymore, you marched away from Illumi, exiting the dining room, slamming the door that weighed a ton as you made your way through the maze of an endless hallway.

Your hands were cold, you were bothered by the awareness of being cursed, not to mention, you wouldn't have time to process it as you were also pressured with the arrangement with Illumi. The uneasiness took over you, your breathing was unstable and shaky while walking through the hallway without any destination in mind, you just wanted to get away from there.

Kikyo mentioned you being sealed because of your curse, you were only aware of everything just earlier and you were still processing the newly learned information.

As you realized your lack of composure, you sighed heavily and collected yourself. This wasn't like you, you got too emotional when you found out the truths about yourself. However, it was to be understood as it was something drastic and life-changing. Unfortunately, it was uncommon to you.

You continued walking in the hallways, without any destination nor a solid thought in mind. Suddenly, your eyes caught a familiar figure.

Zeno

You sighed uneasily as you approached the short man with his hands behind him. With a slightly shaky tone, you greeted,

"Welcome back, Zeno."

"Ah Y/N, it's been a while. What's with the look on your face?"

Zeno asked as his eyebrow rose from curiosity. From there you wanted to tell him everything, but you weren't sure what his say would be, it would most likely be sided with the family as he was the former head of the clan.

"It seems like you were told." Zeno continued as he noticed that you were struggling to speak.

"So you knew too?" You said with an indifferent tone, realizing that they were all the same, after all, you are merely a tool to them, someone who took you in for them to make use of you.

"Depends on which you mean."

"Apparently, I was cursed and arranged to be married to Illumi." You spoke.

"Oh? Illumi decided to marry you?" He was slightly caught off guard, but from his expression, he was not that surprised. From his response, you confirmed that everybody in the household knew about your curse.

"Unfortunately."

"How do you feel about that?"

"Frustrated and betrayed."

"How so?" You and the old man started walking slowly as he started going through the hallway with you following.

"He decided on that himself, technically a forced marriage— Also, I was told that the only purpose that I serve now, now that Kil is to be heir is to bear children."

"I see that you're upset, a nice cup of tea over this matter would make you a little more at ease and composed." Upset was an understatement. You had no choice, it was marriage or a punishment worse than death, you assume.

"I suppose so."

You sat down across from the old man, you filled his teacup first before yours, the freshly brewed tea's aroma engulfed your smell with a soothing herbal scent. The porcelain teapot had intricate gold carvings that fitted your grip well,

"I heard you were upset when Illumi left unannounced." You tried not to flinch as the topic was brought up. You didn't know why Zeno suddenly started with that.