5: Encounter

You left kukuroo Mountain and boarded an airship. You had to travel kilometers to the opposite side of The Republic of Padokea to execute your mission. You left in the morning and arrived at afternoon.

The opposite side of the continent was not very new to you, you competed in the Heaven's Arena when you were 5 and reached the 200th floor when you were 8, thanks to Silva consistently training you. You spent all the money you earned from your fights with [           ]. Silva could only watch and laugh.

You have successfully infiltrated the building where your target resided. You waited for hours until you recognize a familiar face that you saw from the information that Silva handed you hours ago.

The interior of the building was empty as it was a private residence owned by your target. The security was tight but it was no match against your stealth and speed.

Without hesitation you moved with supernatural speed and precision. Your target, a high-ranking government official who is ensured to win on the upcoming election, stood unaware of the danger that lurked just beyond the shadows. Your client was from the opposing party. With enough money, he was ensured to win given that his opponent is the target of your assassination.

In a split second, you closed the distance between you two. Without a sound, you're sleek form gliding effortlessly through the air.

You manipulated your hand to become harder, your nails sharper than any blade, incapacitating the guards that surrounded the official. Their neck all showering the target with warm fresh blood. Their body crumpled to the ground, head rolling away, as their headless body bathed in their own pool of blood. Their weapons useless against your unstoppable onslaught.

The target, now trembling with fear, reached for his concealed pistol, hoping to defend himself. But before his fingers could grip the weapon, you disarmed him with lightning speed, sending the firearm gliding across the floor, breaking the pistol as it hits a wall.

Time seemed to slow as you effortlessly evaded your target's desperate punches, each strike falling short. you moved with an otherworldly grace, anticipating his every move with lethal precision. Your target's eyes water, face contorted from fear.

Your eyes only focused on his crying face. Emotion was nowhere to be seen in your eyes as your target made eye contact. Which only made him even more frightened. You were just standing there, listening to his cries as he desperately defends himself with punches.

Without hesitation, you delivered your last strike with inhumane precision. Your sharp nails dug deep into your target's chest and without any trace of blood drop, his heart now onto your hand, warm and still beating, swiftly and efficiently ending you target's life. It was over in an instant, leaving no room for hesitation or remorse.

As you stood amidst the aftermath of your swift and ruthless execution, your gaze hardened. your mission was complete, your job fulfilled.

You needn't glance at the lifeless body, your job was done. You vanished into the shadows, leaving no trace of your presence.

You stood outside the building you came from, let out your phone and dialed Silva.

"Y/N?" You heard another voice from the line that came from Silva,

"Yes. Relay a message to my client. I've killed the target. Tell him to write the money to my account as agreed."

"Very well." The call ended and you finally have the time for yourself. You have all the time to roam around and do whatever you like. You haven't gone out in 10 months after all.

You made your way to the crowd after a long walk. People were busy with their own lives and pay you no mind. The visible tall Arena can be seen from where you're standing. You don't have anywhere to go and you wanted to kill some time by watching battles in the Arena like you used to do with Killua when you were younger.