☆ Chapter 14 ☆

PRISHA'S POV

Life is so unpredictable isn't? It's been past 1 hour Karthik is trying to make me understand that it isn't my fault for what happened with my brother.
After Diya arrived there Aayush told her the truth. Payal was his ex girlfriend but when he had visited Mumbai to resign as CEO after his marriage with Diya, he saw her again and he became too emotional that he couldn't control himself and spent night with Payal in her house. The nerve of this man!

Payal didn't know about his marriage. When she listened to what Aayush said, she lost her speech. Of course she didn't loved Aayush. She was after his money as she still thought that Aayush was the CEO. After all the revelations, both Diya and Payal left Aayush in the club.

Aayush turn towards me and said "It’s all because of you Prisha. You couldn't see me happier? I wish the same happens to you. I will laugh at your miserable condition while you will question your existence." To which Karthik landed a punch on Aayush's face and we moved out from there.

I wasn't bother that Aayush lost his wife and his mistress. The thing that bothered me was when he said that I would land up in the same situation. I mean, I know my life with Nikhil is not that great but I swear if he cheats on me after giving false hopes, I wouldn't mind murdering him.

"Prisha, we reached." My thoughts were broke my Karthik's voice.

"Listen Prisha, I am sorry whatever happened to you. If I knew he was your brother, I wouldn't have involved you. I don't wanna involve you anymore. Although I am thankful for your help. I think you should go home now. Take rest. See you later." Karthik said.

"Bye. Take Care." I said and moved towards my office for my pending work.

KARTHIK'S POV

I entered my office and poured a drink for myself. How pathetic can I be. Prisha must be so hurt because of me. I drank till 12 a.m and finally slept on my office couch.

At 6 a.m I woke and saw a missed call from Diya. I called her again. Honestly it must have been so hard for her too.

"Hey Diya. I hope everything is well." I tried to be formal.

"Yea, everything is perfect now. I actually wanted to talk to you today. When are you free? I want to meet you in your office." Diya said in a sarcastic tone.

"Uh, meet me at 1 p.m for lunch in my cabin." I said and she cut thr call.

I went to my house and freshed myself. I again went to the office. I thought of calling Prisha to check if she was fine. I guess I shouldn't. She must be busy with her work.

At 1 p.m Diya came into my cabin. She looked miserable. She loved that bastard so much.

"Please have a sit Diya, the food will come in a mean time. Is there something serious you wanna talk about?" I asked.

"Nothing serious. Actually I am here to thank you. If I wouldn't have known about this all drama, I would've still been in Aayush's trap. He married me because he wanted to establish a huge company in Delhi. Small world isn't? I thought he loved me. All his love was fake Karthik. All was fake!" Diya tried hard to control her tears.

"Please don't cry Diya. You deserve better. Just focus on yourself now. I will take you to the best divorce lawyer in Delhi. I have few contacts." I said trying to ease her up.

"That isn't needed Karthik. I have already contacted a divorce lawyer from here. You know her too. I am sure she will help me." Diya said.

"Don't tell me it's Prisha Patel. You know right that Aayush is her brother. How could you involve her in this case?" I asked in slight irritation.

"Karthik, I would never do that intentionally. She was the one who contacted me yesterday night. She herself wanted to take a stand for me and I don't see any problem if she is willing to help me." Diya said.

I was shocked as hell. I don't know what is going on in the little brain of Prisha. This woman will be the death of me.

...
...