9. Our First Date

"What are you doing?" Maddy asks me as he lays his head on my shoulder. "Trying to hang this in my locker." He grabs the Chipper Jones poster from my hands and holds it up in my locker. I tape it to the locker wall then step back. My locker was now completely covered in Braves posters, just the way I wanted it.

I peck his lips then close my locker. "You ready to go?" Maddy asks me. "I have to run down to the band room and pick something up." He intertwines our fingers. "Lead the way." I start the long walk to the Fine Arts hallway.

"Woah." Maddy says as we enter the band room. We had a huge band room because when it rained during marching band season, we had to practice in the room. I walk into the corner and pick up a case. Opening the case, I pull out my Trumpet. Well, the pieces of my Trumpet.

"Why is it in so many pieces?" "I dropped it the other day while practicing. It broke and Im trying to figure out how I can fix it." Carefully, I put the pieces back in the case, locking the case. "Alright, lets go."

We get to my house and immediantely go to the barn. I was screwing a bolt into our machine, which was almost finished, when something hits me in the back of the head. Turning around, I see Maddy sitting on a haybale smirking and a piece of paper sitting behind me. I ignore him and go back to working when another piece of paper hits me in the shoulder.

"Alright Bumgarner, you better quit that or else." "What are you gonna do Davis?" I think for a second before putting my most serious face on. "I think no kisses for a week sounds pretty good to me." His smirk quickly disappears. "Y-You wouldn't do that." "Oh but I would." I go back to working and Maddy silently sits behind me.

"Maddy come hold this in place for me." He walks over and sits next to me. "What am I holding?" "This metal plate." He holds it still and I place the bolt where I need it then tightening it. "Finished." I lay my head on Maddy's shoulder and he puts his arm around me.

"Come on." Maddy says as he stands up. "Where are we going?" "Fishing." I jump up and walk towards the closet in the barn. Grabbing fishing rods, bait and a bucket, I walk back over to Maddy. "Alright, lets go."

We walk back to the river behind my house and start to fish. "I think this is a great first date." "Agreed Bri." I rest my head on his shoulder and watch my fishing rod. My rod starts to move and I grab it. Starting to reel it in, I pull in a Crappie. "Brittany-1 Madison-0" "It's on." He pecks my lips then grabs his fishing rod.

Maddy was trying to reel in a fish when he lost his grip on the rod. He jumped to grab it and fell in the river. I start to laugh and when Maddy resurfaces, he glares at me. "So you think that's funny?" He grabs my feet and pulls me in, causing me to shriek. "Madison!"

I start to swim away but he grabs me. He starts to tickle my sides and I skriek again. "Stop Maddy!" He continues to tickle me until I break free of his grasp. "That wasn't cool Madison!" Wrapping his arms around me, he pulls me into his chest. "I thought it was hilarious." I climb out of the river and grab my things. "Im heading back. Are you coming back or staying here?" He climbs out and grabs his stuff before following me.

I walk into the house and up to my room, where I go to my closet and try to find some clothes to change into. After I changed into a tanktop and shorts, I walk back downstairs to see Maddy had changed also. I lay down on the couch and set my head in Maddy's lap.

"You realize prom is next week and that means 12th grade is ending, right?" I ask Maddy while we were watching ESPN. "Yeah. It also means the draft is coming up." I sigh as I think about the draft. "Do you plan on going pro?" I quietly ask him. "It all depends on where I get drafted. Please don't get upset baby, you're gonna make me get upset."

"It's just that we don't have a professional team here. The closest team we have is the Braves." "I know Bri, I know. If I decide to go to college and enter the draft again next year, I'll still be in North Carolina. You know I committed to UNC." "I know Maddy. But I can sense you're gonna get drafted early."

We ended up falling asleep on the couch around 10:45. All that was going through my mind was the draft and Maddy leaving to play ball somewhere else.
--------------------------

12:38 AM and Im wide awake. I seriously love this book so much!

(868 Words)