4. Running Away From Things

I walk into the school and everyone goes quiet and looks at me. Sam walks in and they go back to doing what they were doing. The cast on my arm was annoying me because I couldn't do anything with it.

"Hey Bri." Maddy says as he walks by my locker. "Hey Maddy." I call back. I was trying to get my books, but failing miserably. "Alright, I've laughed enough. Let me help you." Maddy says as he grabs my books and puts them in my bookbag for me. I sling the bag onto my good shoulder and close my locker before walking to class, Maddy following behind me.

Sam and I sit next to each other, like normal. Maddy sits on the other side of me, instead of with his sisters and best friend. "Maddy, you don't need to sit with me. You can go sit with Abigail, Mercy and Cerina." He shakes his head. "Nah, I wanna sit with you."

Classes flew by and soon we were at lunch. Sam and I were sitting at our normal table in the corner when Maddy, Abigail, Mercy and Cerina came over and sat down. "Brittany, Sam meet my best friend Abigail and my younger twin sisters Mercy and Cerina. Guys, meet Brittany and Sam." We all say hi to each other and then we start talking about the project.

"So, are we working at the barn or what?" I asked Maddy while everyone else was talking. "Lets work at my house today. We can run by your house and get everything first." "Sounds good to me." The bell rings and we all head off to class, but not before exchanging numbers with each other.

The day ended and I was at my locker, once again, struggling to get my stuff. Maddy's laughter fills my ears as he walks up behind me. He grabs my books and puts them up. "What do you need?" "My math and science books." He grabs them and sticks them in my book bag before closing my locker. "There." Grabbing my good hand, he pulls me out of the school, causing my to giggle.

"Maddy! What are you doing?" I squeal as he pulls me across the parking lot. "Im driving you home. Don't worry, I already talked to Sam." He opens the passenger's door of his truck and helps me in before closing the door and going around to get in himself.

We pull up to my house and he cuts the engine. Climbing out, we walk back towards the barn. I put nuts, screws, bolts and tools in separate bags while Maddy gets all the bigger things loaded into the back of his truck.

When we get to his house, he backs his truck up to the barn door and we get to work unloading things. We set everything on the floor them begin to work.

The base of the machine was built and we were working on the main structure at the moment. I was trying to place a bolt in it when my hand accidently brushes Maddy's. It shocked me almost, like there were sparks between the two. I quickly pulled my hand back and went back to working.

It started getting dark outside, so I knew I would need to be leaving soon. I was leaning against the barn wall when Maddy walked up to me. He put his hands on the wall above my head, pinning me to the wall. "What are you doing Maddy?" He slowly leaned down and connencted his lips to mine.

It surprised me, but once I registered he was kissing me, I started to kiss him back. I placed my hands on either side of his face. Once we pulled away for air, my nerves kicked in. I slipped under his arm, grabbed my back pack and ran out the barn door.

"Brittany, what are you doing? Where are you going?" Maddy yells at me as he chases after me. I run even faster and run the 2 miles back to my house. Once I got home, I collapsed onto my bed and fell asleep.

But two things were running through my mind:
My first kiss and that I was falling for Madison Kyle Bumgarner.

Chapter Dedication: cityofangelsx
(715 Words)