2. Bonding With Madison

Throwback picture of Maddy, excuse me while I cry.
----------------------------------------------------

"Brittany and Madison"

My head snaps up when my name is said. Madison? Why did she pair me with him? Why not with Sam? I quickly glance at Madison and see he's staring at me. "Britt, Why didn't she pair us together?" Sam asked, as if she had read my mind. "I have no idea."

Someone sits down in the desk next to me. "Brittany?" A deep country voice asks. I turn around and see Madison sitting there. "Hi Madison." I shyly say. He chuckles at my shyness. "It's alright. Im not gonna do anything to ya." It clicks in my brain, he was the guy watching this morning from his locker.

"What's the project again?" "To build a machine that can power a robot." I grab a pencil and a piece of paper and write down some things. "We're gonna need some sort of generator. I might have some spare parts laying around my barn." Madison just gives me a look. "I work on old cars in my free time. I've got some extra metal and things like that stored for when I need it." Scribbling down my address, I hand it to him as the bell rings. "Here's my address, just come back to the barn when you get there."

Classes went smoothly until last period, Math. Mike was in that class with me and he sat right next to me, unfortunately. "Hey nerd." I ignore him and continue working in my book. "I said, hey nerd." When I keep ignoring him, he flips my book off my desk. "Oops." He says with a smirk on his face. I pick my book up off the floor, grab my bag then walk over to Mr. Kelley. "May I use the restroom?" "Sure." I walk out the door and to the restroom.

To: Sam
Don't wait on me afterschool. Im going to walk home.

From: Sam
No you're not. I'll be waiting, like normal.

I slide down the wall and sit on the cold floor once I got to the bathroom. Tears fall down my face as I hide my face in my arms. "Why me? Why do they pick on me?" I mutter to myself. "Oh yeah, because you're ugly and nobody likes you."

The bell rang signaling school was over. I washed my face then headed to my locker where, of course, Mike was waiting. "Awe, did I make you cry? Evidently I didn't make you cry enough." He says as he pins me to the lockers. "Let go of me." I squeak out while trying to escape. "Let me think about it. NO!" He tightens his grip on my wrists, leaving bruises. I squirm just enough to knee him where it hurts and he lets me go. Running away, my ankle turns and I fall to the ground.

Standing back up, I limp towards the front doors. "Brittany? What are you doing?" Someone says from behind me. I drop my bag, causing everything to fall out. "Shit, I scared you. Sorry, I didn't mean to." I turn around and see Madison standing there.

"Why are you limping?" He asks me as we start walking towards the parking lot. "I tripped while trying to get away from Mike." Madison swore under his breath before talking aloud again. "What did he do this time?" I roll up the sleeves of my shirt show him my wrists. "He doesn't need to treat you like that. I see him doing that stuff to you all the time while Im at my locker." "I've grown used to it."

We reach the parking lot and go our seperate ways. I climb into the passengers seat of Sam's car and sigh. "The hell happened to your wrists?" "Mike happened." I tell her the stry as she drives towards my house. We pull up and I jump out. "Thanks for the ride. I'll call you later." Shutting the car door, I walk into my house.

My parents weren't home, like normal. They were never home. I changed into a t-shirt and put on some sneakers, then headed out to the barn. After I groomed Sweetheart, I gave her a treat then set out looking for some tools.

Finding the tools were fun. They were all over the place from being in cars to lying on the ground to being buried in the hay bales. There was a knocking at the barn door, so I went and opened it, revealing Madison.

"Hey Madison, come on in." I close the door behind him and sit on one of the hay bales. "So, I've thinking about it. What if we build something thats Solar?" "Thats a good idea. But where would we get Solar Panels?" I stand up and walk over to a 1966 Chevrolet Chevelle. "Thats something I have stored." I tell him with a grin.

I grab some scratch paper and a pencil and sit next to Madison. "Im thinking something like this." I say as I sketch something down. As I finish the sketch, Madison grabs it from me. "Thats a good idea, but maybe less panels. And what would we make it out of?" "Metal." Pointing in the corner, there was a pile of metal on top of a 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air.

"How many cars do you have stored here?" "About 10. All of them are Classic Chevy's." Things turn serious with what Madison says next. "Why does Mike treat you like he does?" I sigh and tears come to my eyes. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." I shake my head. "I need to tell someone to get it off my chest."

"Mike is my ex-boyfriend. When I found out he was cheating on me, I dumped him. He got mad that I dumped him and he started bullying me. All his friends joined him and soon the whole school was." I had tears in my eyes and they were threatening to fall. He wrapped me in a hug and I felt, I felt safe.

It was getting late, so Madison decided that he needed to leave. "Bye Bri. Thats what Im gonna start calling you." "Well then, bye Maddy. Thats what Im gonna start calling you." He gets in his truck and backs out the driveway and I go back into the barn to gather materials for the generator.
----------------------------------------------

Dang 1074 words. 2 updates today. Vote and Comment please, I wanna know what you think about it.