ᥫ᭡ | 26

ᥫ᭡

Bitna stared out of her window, watching the raindrops fall elegantly along the glass. She found it funny how the weather can change so dramatically in a matter of two days.

And for those two days she had not properly smiled, not left her room unless she needed to go to the toilet or if it was time for dinner — and even then she didn't speak up and add to the conversation between Nari and her father.

She didn't know why she felt like this. It wasn't like she was in love with Sunghoon or anything.. so why was she so down about a decision that she made herself?

"Bitna," the sweet sound of Nari's voice spoke out, the sound of her bedroom door opening following after.

The older girl turned her head to face the direction of the door, Nari's smile managing to brighten her mood even just a little bit. "Do you wanna go out for a walk in the rain? Or play football?" She suggested — she knew Bitna enjoyed all of those things.

Any other day Bitna would've jumped at the opportunity to play football in the rain with her younger sister. But something about today was different, she didn't feel like enjoying the fresh air or want jump at the thought of bringing back childhood memories of her and Nari.

"No thanks.." she mumbled, turning back around and resting her head back in her arms that crossed over one another on her windowsill — her eyes dimly staring out of the foggy glass.

Nari sighed and slumped her shoulders. No matter how much she asked, Bitna wouldn't tell her what was bothering her — and that bothered Nari. "Okay, just come into my room if you change your mind." She sadly responded before closing the door behind her.

A huff escaped Bitna's lips as her eyes traveled further up the window, focusing on different things out on the other side — one of those things being Park Sunghoon.

His hair was damp, he wore black joggers and a black zip up jacket, his bottom lip had a split in the corner, causing blood to smear across his right cheek. His eyes looked sad and glossy, his gaze completely fixed on Bitna.

They were staring at each other. Neither of them looked away, neither of them smiled or even blinked. They just stared — one filled with pure sadness and almost anger, the other in complete confusion..

And then she realised. All of this sadness, isolation, wasn't just because Bitna was in a bad mood or felt too lazy to do anything. It was because she missed him, she missed Sunghoon.

Bitna's eyes slightly enlarged as she sat up properly, only now noticing the anger in Sunghoons stare. She now knew how she felt and didn't want to let it hold her back from having fun, or worry her friends and family any more.