18

Haseena was sitting on her bed, her mind was consumed by Karishma's last words, "Madam sir, is dil ki Jaan toh aap hi hain," echoing in her mind continuously. She fidgeted with her fingers, pondering over those words.

She tried to form a sentence, "Kya sach mein wo humse..." but couldn't muster the courage to complete it.

"Nae, yeh kasy mumkin ha? hum do bohat alg insan rahy han ak dusry say bilkul opposite. Our ideologies have never matched. phir bi un ky dil ma asi feelings..." She left the sentence unfinished again.

"Agar yeh sab such hua tw......agr Karishma Singh such ma hum say....." A thought crossed her mind, and she quickly dismissed it but not knowing why." likan yeh mumkin hi nae ha, ksay ho sakta ha yeh, kab hua asa, kiyun hua asa......" she thought being in denial and confusion.

She took a deep breath. "Nae hum asy un ki ak hi statement say Kisi bi conclusion py ni punch sakty humen pata krna ho ga ky un ky dil ma humry liyay kia ha, kia feel Karti han wo humry liyay, kia such ma..... " she sighed heavily. " humen jaldi pata lagana ho ga."

Meanwhile her eyes fell on the pendrive she had taken before leaving the room, now placed on the side table. She reached for it and placed it inside the drawer. "Kal is ko Bakshi sir ky hawaly kar dein gay. " She thought and lay down but unable to sleep changed sides, unable to forget what Karishma had said to her.

Morning.....

Haseena felt someone shaking her, and as she opened her eyes with a jerk, she saw Karishma standing there, shaking her. Her heart raced as the last night's conversation echoed in her mind.

"Urmila, utho jaldi," Karishma said urgently.

Haseena in her groggy state realized that Karishma behavior was for something else.

Haseena now fully awake, understood the situation and responded, "Han han, kya hua subh subh? Kyun chilla rahi hai?" She braced herself, knowing what was coming next.

"Kal kya hua tha? humen kuch yaad kyun nahi hai? Dekho, humen sach sach batao, abhi hum bohot gusse mein hain. Humari bohat important cheez gum ho gayi hai, hum khud bhi nahi jaante hum kya karenge jaldi btao humen," she asked, her words were rushed and breathless.

Urmila's paused, her mind raced as she tried to come up with an explaination. She knew she had to be very carefull. "Kal... haan, kal tu tune wahan holi mein bhang pee li thi, isliye kuch yaad nahi aa raha hoga," she replied cautiously.

"Bhang....." Karishma repeated. "Fir kya hua?" she said frantically.

Karishma wrung her hands together, clearly stressed. The longer Haseena took to answer, the more anxious Karishma became, her desperation growing with every passing moment.

"Phir ma tujhe ghar lekar aayi aur bas tu so gayi," Urmila responded, trying to keep her voice calm.

"Bhang pee aur phir aa kar so gayi? Jhoot bol rahi ho tum!" Karishma exclaimed incredulously, her voice raised in anger.

Haseena heart sank momentarily at the sound of Karishma's shout.

"Humein sach sach batao, kya hua tha kal?" Karishma demanded, her tone was becoming more intense with every passing second.

"Yahi hua tha, main sach bol rahi ha. Tu kyun itni pareshan ha?" Urmila composed herself and lied.

"Humare galay mein ek locket tha, wo nahi mil raha hai. Wo bohot important tha. Tumne dekha tha usko, tumhe kuch pata hai, wo kahan gaya?" Karishma stated in frustration.

Urmila hesitated before responding, "Nahi, mujhe toh nahi pata kahan gaya, ma ny tw nae dkha kahin."

"Kal humare saath koi aur bhi tha kya, raste mein ya wahan par?" Karishma persisted.