28. Something sweet

"Suki-chan!!" the sudden voice startled them both and they got up in an instant. It's good they didn't fall off and break a bone or two.

"Uh, I'm sorry but your mom asked me to get you, she's waiting for you at home." Fumiya stood at the door of the compartment, looking up at them. He looked super awkward and who wouldn't?

He purposefully went home first to give them some time together only to come back after some time to disturb them.

"Oh? Is there any problem?" somehow, she mustered up the courage to act normal and they both slowly climbed down the stairs.

"No, no, everything is fine." his eyes followed their silhouettes in the dark as they approached him, "it's just that... someone is waiting for you at home."

"Someone? Who is it?!" her voice seemed excited but also a little confused. Her brain probably went through many names of people who could possibly visit her at this time but none came to mind.

Now they started to walk. Descending down the small slope was easy and even though it eas dark, the moon was bright and full and they knew the place really well.

"Um, your mom didn't tell me about that." he shrugged and continued ahead as Natsuki hummed.

The night time was always the calmest part of the 24 hours we get everyday and if it wasn't for sleep, Taehyung would perhaps spend it gazing at the sky all night long.

"You sure do love the sky, huh?" Natsuki couldn't help but comment when she noticed him still glancing up after almost every step he took.

"Oh, yes," he chuckled, embarrassed as he was caught.

"How lucky-" Natsuki mumbled in a very small voice only she could hear.

"Huh? Did you say something?"

"Nothing. I said, if you keep looking up, you'd trip and fall on your handsome face." she blurted out a bit too much than she initially wanted to, "let me hold your hand so I can guide you where to go or you'll either get lost or lose a face as you fall."

Now you understand why I said, she blurted out a lot. She just kept speaking.

Not only speaking, she actually reached out and grabbed his hand, about which Taehyung had no complaints as he surrendered to her.

"Suki-chan, do you smell something sweet around here?" oh, they totally forgot about Fumiya's presence.

Poor my guy, always third wheeling!

"Eh?" Natsuki legit tried to sniff and see, "ah, no? I don't."

"It's you guys!!" Fumiya yelled and ran for his life. It was time for them to take a different turn and part their ways.

"What?! What did he say just now?!" Natsuki was furious and went to run after him but Taehyung stopped her by reminding about the guest waiting for her at home.

They also bid their goodbyes when they reached Taehyung's home and when Natsuki entered the main gate to her house,Taehyung stood there, looking at her.

"Hey, Yukio-kun, do you wanna see something?!"

"Woah!!" Taehyung exclaimed a bit too loud and Fumiya, who just startled him, went to calm him down.

"Shh! It's just me."

"Why are you back, Fumiya-kun?" Taehyung's heart was still beating loudly.

"That's not important right now. Come on, I have to show you something." he forcefully dragged him towards Natsuki's house, "this feels a bit illegal but we're all friends so it's fine, right?"