27. Take my hand

The calmness was overwhelming and Natsuki had to risk every ounce of her dignity to prevent herself from taking a step forward.

"Let's go?" Taehyung took the initiative to speak first.

"Oh, right. Sure-" before her mouth could finish speaking, her legs had already started walking down the stairs as if they possessed a soul of their own.

The place they were headed to was a secret meeting place which Natsuki and her friends used for small gatherings like this from a very long time. It was like a hideout they made as kids but as they grew older, their visits became limited. They still loved the place though!

It was situated in a secluded place surrounded by greenery, separated from the noisy world by a dark tunnel.

"The first time I got here, I thought it was creepy." Taehyung admitted as they approached the tunnel.

Their feet thumping on the leaves and grass that leaned over on the nature trail made a soft noise accompanied by the cicadas singing around them, hiding in the bushes.

"I'm not surprised, it can be scary at first but this place is harmless. It's got a dark vibe but the peace that follows makes it all worth it."

"I agree.." Taehyung nodded, smiling as they entered the tunnel.

It was dark, but the tunnel itself wasn't very long, so it was still illuminated by the sun rays. The sunlight made it easier for the little plants to grow at the corners and sides of the tunnel where flowers bloomed in patches. It was dark yet beautiful.

The tunnel ended as an open space came to view. The small grass and plants stayed persistent but it was clearly a lot neat and open than the nature trail they just left behind.

After a few steps on a not so steep slope, they saw a glimpse of green. It wasn't the natural green colour of trees. It was an abandoned train coach.

It was just a small single compartment of an old train which happened to be discarded here because of the seclusion of this place. It had ingrown vines wrapped around the metal body, hiding the rusting, ageing metal of the coach. All sorts of plants and trees surrounded it but the place remained clean, without any pollution.

It was like an escape from reality. A space for them to be themselves without any fear.

"I love this place!" Natsuki jumped up the ground, landing on a higher spot. They could now listen to voices from the compartment.

"I can see that you do," he looked at her eyes which sparkled with apparent fondness, "but, don't forget to act."

His voice was filled with guilt because he knew he was unintentionally lying to the others who were waiting for them in the compartment.

"Don't worry! I've got you!" and then she skipped to the door of the train coach.

Taehyung followed her, knocking on the door as they waited patiently. The shuffling sound coming from inside was really loud, it almost made Natsuki laugh.

"Hey, hey, I forgot to do this-" Taehyung suddenly exclaimed, panicked, and rushed to cover Natsuki's eyes with his hands.

"Is this necessary?" she chuckled, a bit taken aback but the sudden soft aroma invading her nose calmed her down.

"It is,"

The door opened and Fumiya emerged from inside, gesturing them to enter.

"What are you guys doing?" Natsuki complained, faking innocence.

"Giving you a surprise!!" at this point, the hand on her eyes was lifted and she was met with a prettily decorated room.

All other things were the same as she remembered but the decoration was literally the definition of pretty. She didn't have to fake her surprised state as her jaw was already on the floor.