Chapter: 19

Sorry for disappearing guys, went through a tough time trying to collect the mental peace. This is a short chapter and I am sorry for it, will compensate in the upcoming chapters with new power and new strength. Please do support, that can really motivate me

Ashwin stepped out of the room, glancing around for Arjun, who was sound asleep in his own room. Moving into the hall, he was greeted by the most beautiful sight. Sivaangi lay on the long couch, one hand resting on her stomach loosely holding an open book, the other hanging off the edge with her fingers just grazing the floor. Dressed in pink pyjamas, her face framed by messy hair, and lips slightly parted, she looked like a serene, innocent child, a stark contrast to her usual energetic, chirpy self. His mind replayed Aditya's words,

"she is the cutest and the most innocent girl I have ever seen" 

A grateful smile crossed Ashwin's face as he admired his best friend, who always helped solve his biggest issues, now sleeping so peacefully. In the moment, he felt a surge of affection and protectiveness, grateful to have her in his life. 
He quietly approached, shutting down her laptop and tidying up the scattered books and highlighters. With one last affectionate glance, he headed to Rakesh ready to gently wake her brother so that she could sleep comfortably in bed.

Rakesh opened his eyes, irritated but dutifully following Ashwin. The moment he saw his sister sleeping cutely on the couch, his irritation melted away. He smiled, a gentle warmth spreading through him, and walked over to her. With tender care, he patted her gently with love and then carefully supported her shoulders, helping her to her bed.

As he tucked her in, Rakesh glanced back at Ashwin, giving him a grateful smile that conveyed everything unspoken between them. Ashwin nodded in understanding, the bond of friendship and shared responsibility evident in the silent exchange.

With his sister now comfortably in bed, Rakesh joined Ashwin, and the boys finally hit the bed, ready to rest after a long day.

----------------------------------------------------------

Saturday dawned gently, and the whole family set out for their last morning jog not wanting to miss it. Under the cloudy morning sky, with a gentle breeze embracing them, they enjoyed a picnic breakfast they'd packed. The serene moment of togetherness filled them with warmth before returning home to focus on the senior boys' exam preparations.

Vanathi and the juniors, with heavy hearts, prepared a magnificent lunch to treat the boys, who would soon endure months of hostel food. Sivaangi, sitting nearby with a slight worry, watched Ashwin pack his bags. When she offered to fold his clothes, he kindly declined, instead asking her to pack his books and electronic gadgets. She agreed happily, grateful to be of help, her hands moving with care as she placed each item in the bag. This was the first time she was packing for him, Ashwin smiled. 

"Hey is this your diary? looks so aesthetically vintage?" asked Sivaangi making Ashwin swiftly move towards her with wide eyes and slow down before calmly taking it from her. 

"athellam paaka koodathathu"

"ohho periya ragasiyamellam irukkum polaye"

"chi chi illa" 

"ahem ahem, anyways mathavanga personal elam naan pakamaten pa even if it's my best friend or cousin "

"good girl"

Ashwin leaned close to her, extending his hand behind her back to sneak a notebook, and then moved away swiftly. Sivaangi was flabbergasted by his momentary closeness, freezing in her place. Ashwin hid his smile, taking advantage of her distraction to place the two books into a separate compartment of his bag.