Vol 1 Chapter 4: The jack of clubs

Lelouch Lamperouge POV

I was now currently walking to class after the long ceremony, and I must say the behavior from my class was pretty average, almost below average for a student to behave, half of them were listening and the other half didn't. It was pretty strange to say the least, although the same could be said for the other classes, well Class 1-D to be specific since most of them were not even making their inapropriate behavior less obvious.

Then there was Class 1-A and 1-B, which they were acting extremely mature like an elite student would.

Strange how conveniently that the behavioral pattern from the classes matches up with the alphabetical order of the classes. It's as if this was done intentionally.

"Lelouch." A male voiced called me out as I looked right beside me, revealing an old friend of mine, Kururugi Suzaku.

" A male voiced called me out as I looked right beside me, revealing an old friend of mine, Kururugi Suzaku

"Sorry Suzaku, I was in deep thought about something." I said to him quickly since it seems I was in my thoughts too long and he must've been calling out my name to snap me out of my thoughts.

" I said to him quickly since it seems I was in my thoughts too long and he must've been calling out my name to snap me out of my thoughts

"So what were you thinking about Lelouch?" Suzaku asked me.

"Oh I was just thinking about Japans economy and how it could improve with advanced military technology." I said to him as he was caught off guard by my response, which is to be expected since I did lie to him.

"U-uh, never thought you would think something like that Lelouch, kinda assumed you were thinking about chess or something ha ha!" Suzaku said as he awkwardly laughed.

I just sighed at his response, I don't always think of chess you know.....I also think about money aswell.

"Well I guess you do make a good point, since chess is 1 of my favorite hobbies, but it seems we've reached Class 1-C." I said as I pointed at the classroom in question.

"Seems we got here quicker than expexted huh." Suzaku said as we walked inside the classroom and found our seats, Suzaku sat behind me.