Vol 1 Chapter 3: The king of spades

Madarame Baku POV

After that boring ceremony, and it was in fact very boring to the point I almost fell asleep. Of course I used every will in my body to make sure I didn't fell asleep.

Well forgetting that now, I was currently on my way to my class which was Class 1-D. Speaking of my class, I noticed that most of my classmates during the ceremony, or to be more precise 7 people, well 8 including me somewhat, only payed attention to the ceremony while 32 of my other classmates were in their own world like it was no time tomorrow. Of course I found this suspicious if I were to compare my classes behavior to the other classes, like Class 1-C had half listening and the other half not caring. Class 1-B and Class 1-A had been paying attention the best during the ceremony.

Then a thought went into my mind, why is it so odd that each of the classes are acting like this? Then it hit me, could we have been sorted into these classes by some type of hierarchy based on more than academics? I know I did fairly well on the entrance exam since I am above average in that field, so I should've atleast been put into Class 1-B if this school did sort us based on academics alone. Then this school most likely put us into these specific classes based on....maybe our merits? I'll keep that small theory to myself for the time being.

"Say are you perhaps in Class 1-D?" A female voiced called me out from behind.

I then looked behind me to see a girl with an....alluring figure and she had long black hair and hazel brown eyes.

"May I know the reason why you want to know?" I asked her for her intent.

"Oh I was just asking since I seem to have forgotten where that class is, that is why I asked you." She said to me.

She doesn't appear to be lying it seems, well given their is no harm in telling her that I am also heading to Class 1-D.

"I see, well I am heading to Class 1-D since it is my class." I said to her as she clapped her hands for some reason.

"That so happens to be my class too! Anyways, I am Jabami Yumeko, but you can call me Yumeko if you want!" Yumeko said to me.

"Well considering you introduced yourself, I guess I wouldn't mind doing the same. I'm Madarame Baku, but you can call me Baku since you're allowing me to call you by your given name, so it should be fair enough that you could call me by my given name aswell." I said to her.

" I said to her