McKenzie 2

McKenzie's PoV

It was the night of my life, prom! I bought this beautiful hot pink dress which is in mermaid style, hugging my figure perfectly. I paired it with a ton of rose gold jewelry, this gorgeous pair of sparkling pink heels, and pink roses in my hair.

I smirk as my make up artist put some finishing touches to my hair and eyes. That Drew Tanaka is going to beg to kiss my feet tonight.

I arrived to prom fashionably late. The gym was decked out in vibrant, fluorescent lights shaped like flowers. But though it was much prettier than expected, the decor wasn't what I was focused on. I basked in the attention as everyone turned to look at me.

"Oh, my, GOD!" Tracey squeals, "you look amazing!"

"Thanks." I say coolly. A confused look came into her eyes.

"I wasn't talking to you."

I turned around, and there was Drew Tanaka. She wore a beautiful soft pink gown with a sweetheart neckline, and the fabric made her look amazing. Her makeup looked like it was done by a professional. Darker, dusty pink winged eyeliner was encrusted with small silver stones. It was glamourous and light at the same time. It was one of the things one would have to see for themselves to believe. Drew looked spectacular.

Apparently, I wasn't the only one to think so, because all the boys present were drooling. Drooling! They should be salivating over me, not some wh*re like Drew! The impertinence! I will give them a piece of my mind! I thought.

"Oh my god, Drew, why are you showing your face at this beautiful party? I mean, there is clearly no space for trash like you." I spat.

Drew examined her pink french tip nails, her face a mask of disinterest. "Oooh, I don't know, why don't you check the mirror, sweetheart, 'cause I'm pretty sure you're the only trash in here."

Her minions "oohed" and giggled.

"Quiet!" I snap. "Well, with your disgusting, fake costume, I will clearly be awarded prom queen. Then, when you grovel at my feet, maybe, just maybe, I will consider letting you in my inner circle."

"Ha!" Drew's laugh was clear and high. "As if that will happen. I will enjoy watching you begging for my forgiveness!"

With a 'hmph', I whirled around, heels clicking.

That night, only two boys asked me to dance. I accepted, but the real cause for anticipation was yet to come. Then the music cut off abruptly, and a voice came on the speakerphone.

"Now, it is time for what each one of you doubtless are looking forward to - the prom king and queen reveal! We will first go through the candidates for the position, and announce the winners!

For Prom King is:

Mason Daniels

Brad Scott

Matthew Smith

George Travis

For Prom Queen is:

McKenzie Brown

Trinity Adams

Lexi Hart

Alana Greene

Drew Tanaka

Could I have a drumroll before the announcement?-"

There was a pause when everyone started drumming on their laps.

"- Prom King is Matthew Smith! Come forward to receive your crown. Prom Queen is... our own Drew Tanaka!"

I gaped at the announcer as Drew made her way forward calmly. On the stage, she winked at me, mouthing, 'where's my apology?'

Needless to say, she will not be getting one.