Jackie Shen (Mortal)

Jackie's PoV

Hey, I'm Jackie. My full name is Jaqueline, but it sounds so weird, so I just go by my nickname. My best friend at school is Annabeth Chase. I swear, she is the most amazing person I have ever met. She's intelligent, but never shoves it in others' faces, unlike some people *cough cough*, kind to everyone whom she deems deserving, and really pretty too.

If I weren't straight, I would've had a crush on her.

Speak of the devil, she's here already. Her gray eyes were murderous today, like storm clouds within a gazing ball.

"Did Tim ask you out again?" I asked. This is one way to get her riled up really fast. I mean, she claims to have a boyfriend, and I completely believe her. I know a lot of people in the school don't though, because he lives in New York and Nobody has seen him.

"No, worse. Brad did. How many times do I have to tell that b*tch I have a boyfriend and absolutely NO interest in dating him? I mean, his head is so swollen that he probably can't hear properly, but he should at least take a hint." Annabeth ranted.

I nodded in sympathy. I am definitely less attractive than Annabeth, but for some reason guys find my dark brown hair and eyes appealing. Most of the guys who ask me out are jerks and think with their wrong head. They wouldn't take a hint either.

"Annabeth... When can I meet your boyfriend? I mean, you always talk about him, and I 100% believe that he's real, but you make him sound so perfect that it restores my faith in love."

Annabeth opened her mouth to reply, but a voice from behind her cut us off.

"Well, you can either try to ignore me, or you can try that "friend meet and greet" thing you were talking about."

Annabeth whirled around, and threw her arms around the guy. I must admit, he's kind of hot.

"Seaweed Brain!" she yelled, kissing him on the lips, then flipping him to the ground. "Why didn't you tell me you were coming?"

"Wanted... surprise... you." He wheezed, having the wind get knocked out of you is not fun.

I gave a tiny cough, then smirked at Annabeth. "Leng zai wor." I wriggled my eyebrows, while Annabeth nodded unabashedly.

"What did she say?" Percy asked, intrigued.

"Oh, just that you are an idiot." Annabeth replies non-committally.

He pouts, but I can tell from the look in his eyes that he is really in love with Annabeth. Which is more than I can say about Brad or Tim.

When I got the chance to speak to Percy privately, I threatened, "You better take good care of her, you hear me? Or I will beat the flying shit out of you."

Percy nodded, looking kind of amused. "Don't worry, I love Annabeth, I will never break her heart."

A few years later, I became the godmother to one of Percy and Annabeth's children.