AZI Volume 6 Chapter 32

Saying that she wished to be given some time to process their conversation from last night, Tian Cheng had opted to stay back at the yacht, and—

"...Hm?"

Showing up at the office the next day, Long Hua frowns upon entry.

Inside the office, only Qing Yue and Ye Chen are present—both of whom are currently seated down on the same sofa with their eyes glued to their phones.

Seating himself on the opposite sofa, Long Hua asks—

"Surnamed Li is skipping out?"

Towards Long Hua's question, Ye Chen raises his head, and looks to the former with an eye raised.

Does the person who skipped out yesterday have any rights to be asking this?

"Apparently her workplace is very busy today. Something to do with the non-Sinner schools being on vacation. ...Actually, now that I think about it, today is her birthday as well."

"Oh?"

Forming an odd smile, Long Hua says—

"Surnamed Ye, know where her workplace is?"

"...Oh?"

Despite being somewhat amused by the idea, Ye Chen still feels the need to remark—

"Surnamed Long, you've been quite proactive in sticking your nose into other people's business lately."

"All for the sake of entertainment. You know for a fact that there isn't much to do in the office. Also, now that we're down a person, I think—it's best to be as tightly knit as possible going forward. And what better occasion to improve our bonds than a birthday party?"

Although he sees Long Hua's point, Ye Chen still thought—

(Not like it matters much when you're someone who just runs off, and does his own thing whenever we're in the ruins. ...I guess, Qing Yue is kind of similar in that regard?)

With tightly glued Qing Yue was to the Moon Guards during the previous excavation, Ye Chen sees there to be a connection between her and the Long Yue family.

(Ai, really makes me wonder how Colonel Li managed to keep our squad together the way he did...)

Recalling how tightly knit the squad of Li Qian He had been, Ye Chen heaves a sigh before answering—

"I suppose. How's Yu Ji?"

"Why are you asking me that?"

"Quit playing dumb. You were the last person to leave the main island, you couldn't have missed her. Also, your relationship with her is actually on the friendlier side of things."

"..."

Blinking his eyes, Long Hua replies—

"And what if my answer is, she's happily reunited with her little sister in heaven?"

Shrugging a shoulder, Ye Chen replies—

"Means she's safe then? Good enough for me."

Taking her eyes off her phone, Qing Yue asks—

"Are we going to Li Xue's workplace?"

"..."

"..."

Being looked at by Ye Chen and Long Hua at the same time, Qing Yue awkwardly clears her throat, and says—

"I'll be honest, captain—you're going to look really awkward at Li Xue's workplace."

Replying to the remark, Ye Chen says—