AZI Volume 5 Chapter 15

(Hmm. The world is big, so a nameless person popping up at random isn't anything absurd. However... In case I do end up offending numerous forces when I get out of this world during the necropolis' opening, this surnamed Wen could serve as an insurance.)

Towards Wen Qing's offer, Long Hua smiles faintly, and asks—

"And? What am I supposed to do in this deal?"

"With my strength, I am capable of safeguarding Yu Ji to a certain degree. However, there's no telling what may happen in the future; hence, I asked that you keep Yu Ji and her little sister, Li, safe. When the time comes, I'll be taking both her and Li out of this world."

"Deal."

Towards Long Hua's swift agreement to this deal, Wen Qing asks—

"You won't ask me—why I care for them that much?"

"I'm a person who won't ask questions about someone else's private life. So long as you keep to your end of the bargain, I'll keep mine."

Towards these words, Wen Qing smiles through Yu Ji, and remarks—

"Long-xiong truly is a person that's easy to talk to when offered benefits."

Shrugging a shoulder, Long Hua asks—

"How do I explain the situation to surnamed Yu?"

"You need only tell her the same as you usually would."

"That a divinity is keeping watch over her?"

Replying with a nod, Wen Qing explains—

"Li's situation was a mistake on my part. I was trying to summon her into the Everlasting Spirit Realm, but since it ended in failure—her soul is constantly drifting about between the two realms. Only by finalizing my contract with her and Yu Ji, will the situation be mended. In the meantime, I ask that you help with stabilizing her condition. As for the method to do so..."

Controlling Yu Ji to raise her left hand, Wen Qing projects five lines of text in the air.

In case he forgets it, Long Hua turns to Tian Cheng, and says—

"Tian Cheng, record it."

"Understood. ...Done."

Lowering the hand, Wen Qing says—

"Well then, I shall look forward to seeing you in person one day, Long-xiong."

"To you as well, Wen-xiong."

As Yu Ji shuts her eyes, and Wen Qing leaves, Long Hua thought—

(This person is able to descend upon a weapon spirit's body... He's definitely not an ordinary Quasi-Heaven Manifestation realm practitioner.)

As far as Long Hua is aware of, Heaven Manifestation realm should be akin to the Zang Luo Realm's Void Shattering realm, the "quasi" that Wen Qing is referring to is most likely him saying—

(He's probably someone who can break through into the true Heaven Manifestation realm when the stars align for him. Someone like that, there's only value in cooperating with him. At the same time, being able to set some foundations down is a good thing.)

Glancing at Yu Ji to see her waking up, Long Hua raises an eye, while the former asks—

"Hm? How did I fall asleep?"

"Ai. Surnamed Yu, light an incense stick, and pay gratitude to that divinity of yours."

"Ah?"

Hunching forward, Long Hua takes the wheels once more, and answers—

"I'll take on your request as a part of my dealings with your divinity. Even though it's not necessary."

Evidently confused by Long Hua's abrupt shift in attitude, Yu Ji asks—

"...Surnamed Long, just who are you?"

"You don't need to know. You just need to be aware of the fact that you're not going to have anything happen to you in these ruins—so long as this divinity of yours is watching over you. And when he isn't, well, I guess I'll step in?"

"...I see?"

Despite her confusion, Yu Ji nevertheless accepts the situation as is—seeing as how her main objective has been accomplished.

At the same time—

(Surnamed Long... Is he an Immortal?)

If it was in the past, Yu Ji might have attempted to dig deeper, but for the sake of her little sister, she's willing to accept any form of aid—be it from a devil or an Immortal.

.........

Dainsfield's HQ, takes on the form of a 50-floor building located in the fifth ward.

The entirety of the building is covered in a glossy black finish, and in front of the building is a large parking space.

Parking the car, and getting out of it, Yu Ji leads Long Hua and Tian Cheng to the 20th floor.

"I'm going to get changed, wait a bit."

Saying this, Yu Ji heads off, while Long Hua looks around the place.

The shape of this floor's hallway is that of a square, and to the left are doors leading into rooms, which are used for either residency or storage.

Some vending machines are present to fill the empty spaces of the hall.

"Hmm."

Thinking for a bit, Long Hua turns to Tian Cheng, and whispers—

"...Look into Dainsfield; "Li" as keyword."

"Understood."

Since he had agreed to Wen Qing's deal, Long Hua will naturally follow things through on his end, and momentarily—

"I've downloaded everything of relevance. I'll sort them out afterwards."

"Un."

Eventually, Yu Ji returns.

"Sorry for the wait."

"..."

Looking at Yu Ji's current appearance—which consists of a straight-haired black wig, along with a short-sleeved black dress and a skirt that reaches pass the kneecaps, Long Hua had the urge to laugh aloud.

"...What?"

"No, nothing."

Knowing exactly what Long Hua wishes to say, Yu Ji twitches an eye, and says—

"...Whenever I meet Li, I always dress like this. She doesn't know my occupation, and believes that I work at a restaurant, or something similar to that."

"Un."

Wanting to get their story straightened out, Yu Ji adds—

"For this meeting, I'll introduce you as my employer."

Raising a chuckle, Long Hua remarks—

"Oh? So, you'll really call me Long-laoban from now on?"

"I guess?"