Chapter 10: The Kwamis' Choice - Part 1

Marinette lies on her bed in her room; her windows are covered with curtains, making the room almost completely dark, and her photos of Adrien are in the trash. Zero beat her up for the trouble she cause for herself and she earned it.

 Sabine enters her daughter's room attempting to get her to go to school. As it turns out, Marinette, depressed about her love life, doesn't feel like going. 

When Sabine leaves, Tikki tells Marinette she can't stay in her room forever. Marinette tries to give Tikki her Miraculous, which Tikki refuses. Marinette laments about her perceived failed romances. Tikki tries to cheer her up to no avail.

{~Collège Françoise Dupont~}

Adrien goes to Marinette's house to give her her homework, and also tries to cheer her up, worrying Plagg that they might fall in love and reveal their identities. Meanwhile, Miss Bustier's class is having a party over Adrien and Marinette being inevitable, or so they think. Zoé is skeptical. During this, Alya constantly receives calls from her sister Nora which she declines to answer. Meanwhile, a dejected Marinette rejects Adrien's help. Adrien leaves Marinette's room; now, both of them are depressed.

Monarch senses Adrien's sadness and attempts to akumatize him. However, he hesitates, realizing that Adrien doesn't have an Alliance. Tikki and Plagg can't bear to see their holders in so much pain, so they decide to re-assign their Miraculous and bid their holders goodbye.

Back at Françoise Dupont, due to your concern, you call your sister but no avail  it ends up in voicemail.

Zoé enters the arts room, seeing your friends are having a party. "(Y/n), did you hear Marinette's voicemail message?"

"Yes and it seems she's ignoring me ever since the boy trouble she's having." you replied.

"Yeah, but that was before, Zoé." Alya chimes.

" "Before"? Before what?" Zoé asked.

"Before when Marinette was a complete wreck."

You scoffed. "I'll say."

"But Alya sends her the perfect mechanic." Nino exclaims.

"Adrien!" Alya yells.

"Lame." Vanitas yawns.

"He's fixing her up as we speak." Noe stated.

"Wow! When they come back to school, they'll finally be an item!" Rose cooes.

"A perfect plan!" Marc agrees.

"But... you guys don't actually know for sure." Zoé doubt.

"Trust me. This is it this time!" Nora calls her on her Alliance ring, but declines it instead. "Come on, party with us!"

"I'm out." You walk out the classroom.

"Me too." Vanitas follows you out.

Zoé frowns at them, ignoring the fact that some of their friends might be feeling the other way around.

You and Vanitas sit on top of the school balcony watching the sky together with Echo. Plagg and Tikki meet you both up to the balcony.

"Van! Fang-buddy! Sugarcube! (Y/n)! Having to force them to choose between love and their mission is just awful! Maybe Master Fu was wrong to choose them." Plagg stresses.

"I couldn't agree more." Vanitas huffs.

"No, they're made for each other. Love is what gives them their strength." Tikki protested.

"It's not love, it's toxic obsession." Vanitas corrects. "The impossible part of that obsession is destroying them, and I know a thing or two about destruction."