Quisling

someone who has lost your confidence

Athena fought back the urge to throw up and instead sat down next to Finn. He laid unconscious on the table, his condition still unstable. She stared at his motionless form, her mind racing with thoughts. She was exhausted, physically and emotionally drained by the events of the day.

Life on Earth wasn't anything like she had imagined when they were sent down. She missed the excitement of exploring the unknown, the thrill of discovering new things in the wilderness. Instead, she found herself confined to the dropship, surrounded by danger and uncertainty.

Rather than breathing in the fresh air and marveling at the beauty of nature, she was stuck indoors, watching over her injured friend as he teetered on the edge of life and death. It was a harsh reality check, one that reminded her of the harshness of their new world.

Athena felt the tears streaming down her face once again, but this time she quickly wiped them away. She was tired of crying. Determined to do something productive, she got up from her corner and stood next to Finn. Someone had to keep watch over him, right?

As she observed the pale, barely breathing boy in front of her, Clarke opened the hatch and climbed down the ladder. Athena immediately made space for Clarke, watching intently as she administered something from a flask to Finn. Raven followed Clarke down shortly after.

"How do we know if it works?" Raven asked, voicing the question on Athena's mind.

"We'll know when he wakes up. He'll need water when he does. Do you mind?" Clarke replied, prompting Athena to take it as a cue to leave.

Finding a quiet corner, Athena made herself comfortable and eventually drifted off to sleep. Hours later, she was roused from her slumber by the sounds of delinquents leaving the dropship. The absence of thunder and rain suggested that the storm had passed. Blinking groggily, she glanced to her side and was surprised to find Bellamy sitting next to her.

As they made eye contact, Athena quickly looked away, unable to shake the muffled screams of the grounder or the image of Bellamy hurting him from her mind. They both sat in silence until Bellamy decided to break it.

"I didn't have a choice," he mumbled to her. Athena closed her eyes briefly, sensing the guilt in his voice. But it wasn't enough. "Yes, you did," she replied, still avoiding his gaze. "Finn needed to be saved--"

"Look, Freckles, I don't know what happened up there after I left, but torture was definitely not the answer. And trying to talk me into believing that it was, is pointless. So just give it up," she interrupted, finally meeting his eyes. With that said, she got up to follow the other teenagers out of the ship. She needed some space.

"Athena, please," Bellamy called after her, reaching out to grab her arm. She ripped her arm out of his grip, giving him one last look before storming off.

Outside, she took a deep breath, the scent of rain and forest filling her lungs. Despite the harsh sunlight, she was relieved the storm had passed. When she opened her eyes, Jasper was standing in front of her, holding a tent. "Care to help?" he asked, offering her a smile.

She accepted the tent and joined Jasper in setting it up. Once again, Athena needed help, and this time she got it from Jasper, grateful for the distraction and the support.

As she observed the other teenagers, Athena couldn't help but notice Bellamy and Clarke talking to each other. Her gaze fixated on their interaction, she saw Bellamy grab Clarke's hand, their conversation growing more intense. Athena felt her heart race, but not in a good way. It was a mix of discomfort and something else she couldn't quite place.

"You okay?" Jasper's voice, drifting from his neighboring tent, broke through the quietness. Athena felt his gaze tracing the direction of her own, likely landing on Bellamy and Clarke.

Before Jasper could voice his thoughts, Athena rose abruptly from her seat, a move to avoid any more questions. She faced Jasper with a strained smile, hoping to divert his attention from her inner turmoil.

" I'm going for a walk"

18/5/24

THANK U SO MUCH FOR 1.3K READS ! that's so exciting <3. Hope you guys are enjoying my book <'3 

Let me know your thoughts 💭 

.