Peripeteia

a sudden or unexpected reversal of circumstances; the point of no return

As Athena made her way back, the atmosphere seemed to cling to her like a thick fog, heavy with unspoken tension.  Athena sensed something had happened, even though she wasn't privy to Raven, Finn, and Clarke's love triangle.

When Raven realized the radio was missing, Athena pieced together what had gone down with Bellamy.

Flushed with embarrassment, Athena admitted how Bellamy had flung the radio into the river, and she hadn't even recognized it at the moment. Despite her persistent apologies, the others swiftly reassured her, urging her not to blame herself.

As they walked through the quiet forest, Athena battled with her disappointment in Bellamy's actions. She couldn't believe she had thought he'd truly changed. 

Yet, his behavior on their walk earlier, was stuck in her mind. The way he thanked her for not blaming him for shooting Jaha lingered in her mind, leaving her feeling conflicted. It felt like genuine gratitude.

Lost in her thoughts, Athena stared at the ground, admiring the array of beautiful flowers beneath her feet. 

Suddenly Clarke shoots forward and yells. "Hey! Do you have any idea what you did ? "Athena's head snapped up at the sudden outburst, her eyes widening as she took in the scene unfolding before her. 

Clarke's voice pierced the air, accusing Bellamy with a pointed finger, her frustration palpable. Bellamy, in turn, responded with biting sarcasm, his words laced with a hint of defiance.  "Hey, princess, you taking a walk in the woods?" 

Despite the tense atmosphere and the inappropriate exchange, Athena couldn't ignore the sharp pang in her chest upon hearing Bellamy's choice of words. 

The term "princess" hit her unexpectedly, a reminder of Bellamy's tendency to assign nicknames to the girls in camp. 

"Atleast tell us what direction you threw it in" Athena's voice cut through the escalating tension, a calm yet insistent addition to the heated exchange. Her attention had been elsewhere back at the machine, focused on Raven's well-being. She hadn't noticed where exactly he threw the radio.

"They're getting ready to kill three hundred people up there to save oxygen, and I can guarantee you it won't be council members. It'll be working people." Clarke taps his chest "Your people."

Finn's arrival only added fuel to the fire, his anger palpable as he shoved Bellamy, demanding answers about the missing radio.

"Bellamy, where's the radio?"Bellamy towered over Finn, his own anger matching the intensity of Finn's. "I have no idea what you're talking about," he retorted, his tone laced with venom.

Finn refused to back down, his resolve unyielding. "Stop lying, Athena told us what you did" he countered.

Athena's gaze flickered away, a pang of guilt gnawing at her despite knowing Bellamy's actions were unjustifiable. She couldn't shake the sensation of his eyes boring into the side of her head, a silent accusation that weighed heavily on her conscience.

"Bellamy Blake? They're looking everywhere for you," Raven remarked, her gaze sweeping over him.

"Shut up" Bellamy snapped, his tone sharp and defensive.

Athena watched with growing concern as the conversation unfolded, her mind racing for a way to defuse the tension. 

"Bellamy, just show us where you threw the radio so we can go fix it," she interjected, her voice tinged with urgency. She knew all too well the weight of Bellamy's secrets, particularly the truth about Jaha's shooting. 

However, her plan didn't unfold as intended.

"Looking for him, why?" Clarke inquired, her tone laced with curiosity.

"He shot Chancellor Jaha," Raven revealed bluntly, her words cutting through the tension like a knife.

Athena's heart sank as chaos loomed on the horizon. She closed her eyes briefly, bracing herself for the fallout of Raven's revelation. 

As she reopened them, she couldn't ignore the sense of remorse gnawing at her. Meeting Bellamy's gaze, she could see the storm brewing in his eyes, a mixture of frustration and resignation mirrored in her own.

The fleeting moment of eye contact between Athena and Bellamy shattered as Clarke stepped forward, her voice sharp with accusation. "That's why you took the wristbands. Needed everyone to think we're dead," she asserted, her words heavy with disdain.

Sensing the escalating tension, Athena interjected once more, her voice tinged with urgency. "Bellamy, just give us the radio," she implored, silently urging him to cooperate with a pleading gaze.

But before Bellamy could respond, Finn's voice cut through the charged atmosphere, his frustration boiling over. 

"All that 'whatever the hell we want'? You just care about saving your own skin," he added, his accusation hanging in the air like a bitter echo of truth.

Tensions reached a boiling point as Bellamy remained defiant, walking away without a word. Raven, pursued him, her determination evident as she confronted him once more.

"Hey! Shooter! Where's my radio?" Raven demanded, blocking his path and refusing to back down.

"Get out of my way," Bellamy retorted angrily, his frustration palpable.

But Raven pressed on, her tone matching his intensity. "Where is it?" she insisted, her gaze unwavering.

Bellamy's response cut through the air like a blade, his words dripping with venom. "I should've killed you when I had the chance," he spat, his anger boiling over.

Athena couldn't help but roll her eyes at Bellamy's dramatic outburst, knowing all too well his tendency to exaggerate. However, her disbelief turned to shock when Bellamy's anger escalated to violence. A small gasp escaped her lips as he grabbed Raven and threw her against a nearby tree.

The situation took a dangerous turn as Raven retaliated, pulling out a knife and holding it inches from Bellamy's face. Athena's breath caught in her throat at the sight, her heart pounding with fear and disbelief.

"Where's my radio?" Raven demanded once more, her voice trembling with fury.

Athena knew she had to intervene before things spiraled further out of control. 

"You guys need to stop. We're not gonna get what we want if you two continue fighting like two children," she interjected, her voice firm and commanding. Her words seemed to break through the tension, prompting Bellamy to release Raven and step back. 

"Jaha deserved to die. You all know that," Bellamy asserted, his voice tinged with guilt as he sought validation.

"Bellamy, we've all suffered under Jaha's power. However, we need this radio right now," Athena responded, her tone gentle yet resolute as she approached him.

"Yeah, he's not my favorite person either, but he isn't dead," Raven chimed in from behind, her words cutting through the tension.

"What?" Both Bellamy and Athena exclaimed simultaneously, stunned by Raven's revelation.

"You're a lousy shot," Raven added bluntly, her statement hanging in the air with bitter truth.

Athena seized the moment to appeal to Bellamy's conscience. "See, Bellamy?" she continued, her voice steady as she met his gaze. 

"You have the chance to save 300 lives. Just tell us where it is. I know you did it for Octavia, and I'm not judging you. Please, just tell us where the radio is."

As Athena spoke, Bellamy's expression softened, his eyes reflecting a mixture of gratitude and uncertainty. 

Through all this time on earth, she was the only one who had never judged him despite the way he treated her. He wanted to fullfill her wish but he knew he couldn't.

" I think it's too late for that, Bambi"

29/4/24