Paroxysm

an outburst of emotion or action

As Clarke finishes stitching up Finn, Athena decides to climb the ladder to find Bellamy. The moment she saw the older boy, she could tell she'd walked in at the worst possible time.

"You've been watching us ever since we got here!" Bellamy yelled at the cuffed grounder.

"How do you know?" Athena announced her entrance, causing Bellamy to whirl around.Without a word, he handed her a notebook.

Athena flipped through the notebook, her eyes widening as she stopped at a detailed drawing of Octavia. "That looks exactly like her," she pointed out, earning a sharp glare from Bellamy. He marched up to her, grabbed her arm, and dragged her to the back of the room, while Miller kept an eye on the grounder.

"You can't stay here," Bellamy said intensely.

"Why not?" Athena asked, yanking her arm free from his grip.

"Because it's not safe," Bellamy said, his voice tense with urgency.

"Then why did you bring him here, Bellamy? We were doing fine without you dragging someone who has it out for us into our camp," Athena retorted, her eyes flashing with frustration. "Not to mention, it's not safe for you either. We don't know if his friends are coming after him," she added, her worry evident.

"I can take care of myself, Bambi. Don't worry about me," Bellamy replied, giving her one of his rare, sweet smiles that momentarily softened the hard lines of his face.

"I can't help it, Freckles. You keep putting yourself in these dangerous situations," Athena replied, her concern clear as she searched his eyes.

"I've managed so far, haven't I?" Bellamy grinned at her, trying to reassure her. "Just go rest downstairs, okay?"

"I'll try," Athena said, squeezing his hand before turning toward the ladder.

Her path was blocked by Clarke climbing up. Clarke glanced at the prisoner, her expression hardening. "Well, if he didn't hate us before, he does now."

Athena nodded in agreement. As Bellamy and Clarke continued to argue, Athena walked over to Bellamy and took the grounder's notebook from his hand. Distracted by his heated exchange with Clarke, he let her take it without a second thought. She stood next to him, flipping through the pages, her brow furrowing as she studied the detailed drawings.

"He's good," Athena mumbled to herself, stopping at a sketch of Octavia.

"Clarke! He's seizing!" Raven's scream echoed from downstairs, sending a jolt through Athena.

Startled, Athena dropped the notebook. Bellamy placed a reassuring hand on her back. "You okay?"

"I'm okay," Athena said, her voice steadying as she rushed to the ladder. But before she could descend, Miller closed the hatch firmly.

"Hey! I need to go help Clarke," she protested, her voice rising in frustration.

"Sorry, we can't have anyone burst in here again," Miller said, his tone unapologetic.

Helpless, Athena looked back at Bellamy, her eyes pleading. "Sorry, Bambi, he has a point," Bellamy said, his voice gentle but firm as he turned his attention back to the grounder, his expression hardening once more.

Athena sighed, glancing one last time at the notebook on the floor, before leaning against the wall, her mind racing with worry for Finn and frustration at being unable to help.

Bellamy continued to question the grounder, his frustration growing with each passing minute. Meanwhile, Athena settled into the corner she had previously sat in, her back against the cool metal of the dropship. With no distractions, the sound of thunder outside became more noticeable. She pressed her hands to her ears, trying to muffle the noise, and leaned her head back, hoping to find some comfort.