Abience

the strong urge to avoid someone or something

"Athena, hand me the towel," Clarke ordered, her voice firm amidst the chaos.

Athena nodded, quickly grabbing the towel and passing it to Clarke. "Here," she said, her own voice strained with exhaustion.

Clarke took the towel, wiping the sweat from her forehead as she worked diligently. The storm outside raged on, its fury seeming to mirror the intensity of their efforts inside the dropship.

Exhausted, Athena wiped her own brow, feeling the oppressive heat of the confined space. "It's like an oven in here," she muttered, more to herself than anyone else.

Amidst the chaos and the storm's deafening roar outside, Athena found herself grateful for the distraction of helping Clarke save Finn's life. The frantic activity inside the dropship, with delinquents yelling over one another, was exhausting, but it kept her mind occupied.

Despite her focus on assisting Clarke, Athena couldn't shake the unease creeping over her. The thunder rattling the dropship's metal hull sent shivers down her spine, and each clap felt like a jolt of anxiety coursing through her veins. She had never been fond of loud noises, and the relentless thunder only heightened her sense of unease.

Athena felt her heart race as she stared at her bloodied hands, her panic rising with each passing moment. She tried desperately to wipe the blood away, but it seemed to cling to her skin like a stain. The sound of Raven's voice, strained and on the verge of tears, echoed through the chaos of the dropship, adding to Athena's mounting anxiety.

When the thunder boomed outside, Athena jumped, her nerves on edge. Clarke's comforting touch on her arm startled her, but it was a welcome reassurance amidst the turmoil. "Hey, someone else can help me. Go take a break," Clarke urged gently, concern evident in her voice.

"But what about you? You've been working all night, Clarke," Athena protested, her voice trembling with anxiety.

"I'll be okay. You've been my most helpful worker so far, and I can't have you be all exhausted," Clarke replied with a shaky smile, her words carrying a note of gratitude and concern.

"Okay, fine, but it'll only be 10 minutes," Athena agreed, her voice still trembling with residual anxiety. She cast one last glance at Finn lying on the table, his condition weighing heavily on her mind. She knew Clarke was right; she was too shaken up to be of any real help, especially with her limited medical experience. She had been merely following orders, doing her best to assist Clarke in whatever way she could.

As she surveyed the crowded dropship, filled with delinquents all caught up in their own anxieties and fears, Athena felt a sudden urge to escape the chaos, if only for a brief moment. Spotting a ladder leading up to the upper level of the dropship, she made her way towards it, hoping to find a quiet spot where she could collect her thoughts and calm her nerves.

Alone in the relative quiet of the upper level of the dropship, Athena sought solace in the rhythmic patter of rain against the metal hull. Closing her eyes, she focused on her breathing, counting silently to herself in an attempt to calm the rapid beat of her heart.

"Three... two... one..." she murmured under her breath as she inhaled deeply, holding the breath for a moment before exhaling slowly. The sound of her own breath mingled with the drumming of rain, creating a soothing rhythm that began to ease the tension coiled tight within her chest.

But despite her efforts, tears still slipped silently down her cheeks. Athena welcomed the loud noise outside, grateful for the cover it provided as she struggled to contain her sobs, not wanting to disturb the fragile peace of her temporary refuge.