Part 25

-Tomioka-

"GIYUU!" I hear a voice scream. Using my last reserves of strength I turn around and see Shinobu. She must have seen this on the news.

"Goodbye, Kocho." I whisper as the ice above me crashes down and my world goes dark.

-Muichiro-

My head really hurts. I don't remember what happened. Am I still tied up? I feel someone grab my hand and squeeze it, so I open my eyes to see who it was. To my surprise, it is Kocho.
"Tokitou-Kun..." She whispers, her eyes filling with tears as her hand drops to her stomach.

Dread fills my heart. "Where is Nii-Chan?" I ask, my voice shaking as I sit up. "Where is he? Is he okay?"

Kocho covers her mouth and her eyes fill with tears. My whole body goes cold. "W-where i-is Nii-Chan--" I stutter, although I think I know the answer.

"I don't know. He is missing. He- he had to fight upper two. He didn't win, but there was no sign of his body. He did lose his arm though." Kocho sobs.

That is when I lose it.

-Ashido-

We are waiting outside of Tokitou's room. His sister-in-law said she would break the news to him when he woke up. So far it is silent. His room is right off the common area, so the whole class is sitting on couches and listening quietly.

"Where is Nii-Chan?" we hear a voice cry.

 I hold my breath waiting for the response

I hold my breath waiting for the response. I don't hear the explanation, but I hear Tokitou's reaction. The moment we hear him start wailing, the class rushes in to see him.
His eyes are closed and he is sitting up. Hearing him cry is heartbreaking. He is holding something close to his chest. When I look closer I see it is Tomioka's haori. Kocho is also holding onto the haori crying silently. I rush forward and hug him, stroking his hair. He leans into my shoulder and hides his face. I look at Kocho and see Todoroki pat her shoulder awkwardly. They both seem to know that the odds of Tomioka still being alive are very slim. We all know how much Tokitou loves his brother, and this is so soon after his friend was killed. The world has been cruel to him, by taking away both of his families.

The next morning, Kocho has left and Tokitou is sitting on the couch watching the news. It is showing a recap of the events of the night they were rescued. He is wearing Tomioka-San's haori, which is a bit big on him. School won't start for another 20 minutes, so I sit by him.

"How are you holding up?" I ask.

"He is alive. Nii-Chan is too strong to die to a villain." He tells me, in denial. "He can't be dead. He is just hiding somewhere recovering."

"We should get ready for school!" I exclaim, trying to distract him.