Part 17

-Muichiro-

I'm exhausted, but I don't want to go back to sleep. While the other students are relaxing in the hot springs, I am hiding in our room. Today my memory is better than ever, but I kinda wish it wasn't.  I pull the picture out of my pocket and look at it. Mom, Dad, and Yuichiro. I really miss you... It is hard being alone. Yes I have Nii-Chan, but he has lots of things he is busy with. It was nice having a friend that was always with me... It was nice having a twin even if we didn't always get along that well. Before mom and dad died, he would always listen to me when I wanted to chat. Things got bad once it was just me and him, but before that it was perfect.

 I am so engrossed in my thoughts that I almost don't realize that the class is returning

I am so engrossed in my thoughts that I almost don't realize that the class is returning. I quickly put the picture back in my pocket and lay down, pretending to be asleep.

"Aww. He is so adorable!" I hear Midoriya say before I feel a blanket get pulled over my shoulders. I let my mind drift off as I fall asleep.
Blood splatters on my face, as Yuichiro cries out in pain. His arm flies off and hits the wall behind us. I grab him, half carrying half dragging him. He is screaming in pain as the demon advances towards us. I hold my brother tight trying to fight the overwhelming fear I feel.

The nightmare fades away and is replaced by another.

I crawl into our house, exhausted and sore. Yuichiro is lying on the bed, barely alive.

"Please... just... spare my brother... Un...like me... he's... a really nice... kid." he mutters. "He... wants... to be use... ful... and ... I got in his way... I'm... the on...ly bad... one...If you're giving... punishment... just give... it to me..."

 I reach forward with the last of my strength and grab his hand, tears rolling down my cheeks

"I knew... the whole time... the truth... The mu... in muichiro... stands for infinity..." He croaks before falling silent.