•22•

Kateys p.o.v
The next day had been amazing, Tara and I were currently tanning around my brothers pool after our first day at the conference.

Today we had attended a seminar about open heart surgeries and some of the stories the guest speakers told shocked me but nevertheless I hung onto every word "where's your brother?" Tara asks as the sun beats down kissing our skin and I shrug my father didn't like us to talk about his business much and as my brother was to one day inherit that business he had similar standards "probably at work" she nods thinking for a moment  "have you heard from your mum?" She asks making me sigh and shrug I knew she wouldn't apologise.

Something about my mother is when she believe she is right she won't accept any other answer "I don't know what to tell you T that's my mum, nothing I'm ever going to say will change her mind" she nods frowning as she processes what i said "I don't understand how she can't be proud of you" she shakes her head huffing and I smiled at her "it's okay I'm used to her motherly love plus my dad is proud of me he has told us on multiple occasions I'm the favourite" "ugh don't remind me" Andrew's voice comes from next to me announcing his arrival home as he walks past both of us and then dives into the pool.
I clap teasingly "10 points" he smirks rolling his eyes poking his tongue out at me before swimming closer to the edge of the pool to talk to me "you actually came up in conversation today" he states  I frown sitting up slightly as he piqued my interest and he raises an eyebrow smirking "you've inspired him to start a new business venture" before I can ask he cheekily states "I can't tell you though" making me roll my eyes scoffing "your kidding right?"Tara laughed at our antics shaking her head and laying back into her chair.

I get changed into a pair of my favourite black silk pyjamas humming softly to myself as I tie my  hair up.
Andrew was making dinner tonight and then we were going to watch something in the screening room. Tara was already downstairs I on the other hand had taken my time as I got lost in my thoughts feeling somewhat out of place but somewhat at home.

My thoughts were broken as my phone rings making me look around the room before I spot it on the bed "hello?" I answer the phone looking for some bed socks in my suite case "you been ignoring me baby girl?"  I  shiver at the sound of his voice "no Hap my family has just been .. confronting" he hums "how are your parents?" I sigh grabbing a pair of socks and sitting down to slip them on placing him on loud speaker "my father is great and my mother is controlling as hell just like always" he chuckles "what did she do?"  I pause looking at the phone did I tell Happy now or once I'm back in Charming ....
The last thing I wanted him to do was over think me being in the same city as my ex.

"Hey Hap can I give you a call back Andrew is calling out to me I think dinner is ready"  it was the only excuse I could think of but it felt safe "text me girl, stay safe" I smile "of course"

"You should just tell him" Andrew says as we eat the butter chicken and nann bread he had made "I would've lied to him too" Tara disagrees making us both look at her in shock "why?" I ask and she shrugs "I know what Jax is like, I know he would probably be here by there time I wake up or better yet send a prospect as a body guard if he knew my Ex was here trying to get me back I can't imagine how Happy would react" Andrew frowns "what do your boyfriends do ?" I glare at him "Happy is not my boyfriend" he raises his eyebrow and Tara giggles "not officially"  I poke my rouge out at her and look at my brother "I'll tell him just .. once I'm home I've got three more days here in L.A and the last thing I need is to be worrying about two men"

The next day I felt like I was ready for anything, I woke up early and went for a jog around my old running track before returning home and having a smoothie for breakfast.
Once I was ready for the day I went downstairs and found my mother and brother talking "mum just leave her, your only going to push her away" she sighs and I clear my throat making them both turn around "morning sis" Drew says smiling softly while my mother stood up "Katey, I was hoping to catch you" I  sigh softly "well I'll be leaving in five minutes I have to get to the conference" I didn't have the energy to argue with her this morning "well I wanted to talk to you about the other night-" before she continued Tara walks in "ready, morning Mrs Nars" saved by the bell , I loved my best friend "alright cool, well we better go before we're late" I say grabbing the car keys as I see my brother smirking at my swift escape "I'll have to talk to you later mum sorry" I fake and she nods with attitude clearly annoyed I avoided the conversation as we say our goodbyes and leave  Tara smirks and whispers in my ear "you're welcome"