•21•

Katey's p.o.v
I was so mad as my brother ushered Tara and I out of the restaurant telling me how sorry he was as Tara kept asking if I was okay but it all just seemed like a blur to me all I could see was red, my entire life my mother had made me feel as though a woman was to stay home be a house wife and have kids , if she had it her way I would be married off to a hotel tycoon or in this current  moment ... Robert.

Meanwhile my father taught us hard work and respect, he always told my brother and I that he had built his first business up brick  by brick and he expected us to put in the same hard work and dedication telling me when I was 8 years old 'through this you will learn respect and resilience'

How the two of them matched is mind boggling to me.

As we got to the car I could hear running footsteps behind us "Katey" I hear Roberts voice call out making me stop turning around and he sighs as comes to a stop "I didn't mean for you and your mother to fight I just ...you left and ... I still had so much to say" I just stared at him.
Robert knew my history with my mother, I had told him about all of the ups and downs of our relationship and yet he still went along with her plans. I just blankly stare at him before I look at my brother "take me home Andrew" he grabs my hand "Baby please I'm sorry" I rip my hand away glaring at him "your always sorry! And sorry isn't going to cut it anymore Rob!" I felt like screaming as he stared at me in shock and I feel myself about to snap "I loved you and you fucking ruined it but I'm supposed to take you back after I've moved on with my life!"  He  frowns "Kate please" I  look at him for one more second before looking at my brother "get me outta here"

Once we returned to my brothers house I  made a B-line for the bathroom to make  myself up a nice hot bath bath and decided to soak my mother's and Robert's negativity off me.
I slip the dress off myself and take my makeup off off before settling in the bath rigging in content as the warmth envelopes my body. I stare at the roof for a second blankly  and then I think of Robert.

I met him at my first day working at the hospital at first he was very cocky and arrogant but after a few times bumping heads suddenly it changed and his snide remarks turned into flirty gestures and I was basically putty in his hands.
After 6 months of asking I finally said yes to going on a date with him , he pulled out all of the stops and it felt like a fairytale.

.....

Until it came to work and he would box me in and treat me like I was incapable of of doing my job, that went on for a while until a surgery gone wrong ... we lost the paitent and I was heartbroken for the family but it was part of the job these things happen.
Robert however took it soon himself to convince work I wasn't mentally coping and got them to force me into mental health leave which had cost me my upcoming promotion of lead surgeon alongside Robert.

I could hear my phone ringing interrupting my thoughts  It was now that I realised I was crying. I sigh sinking underwater into the bath to wash my face.

I came here with confidence and lost it in an instant seeing him!

As I resurface I could hear Tara on the phone in the room "it was horrible Jax her mother is a real cow she basically shoved her ex down her throat"  I groans internally and now I had to face Tara.

My phone starts ringing again and I ignore it, I didn't want to deal with anyone or see anyone but my best friend right now. Slowly the phone stopped ringing but soon I started hearing messages "no she's fine she's having a bath Jax, tell him it's fine" I hear Tara's muffled voice and my phone started ringing again bringing me to the conclusion that it was Happy blowing up my phone and quite frankly I had never ignored his calls before.

It wasn't Happys fault I just  needed a moment to myself..

I stare back at the roof and frown I can't mope around and take it out on everyone a few hours ago I had told Tara we were strong women so I had to stop being a fool, I got over Robert ages ago and now is not the time for me to start rethinking my relationship with him especially when everything with Happy has been amazing.

As I emerged from the bathroom I could here Tara talking "I miss you too Abel but I will be back before you know it" I smile softly she really did love that little boy like her own "give Tommy a hug for me okay baby... okay be a good boy for daddy goodnight"  she giggles and scoffs "whatever Jax Teller you go to bed too!" She giggles "I love you"  I walk over to her and she turns around hearing me "oh hey how you feeling?" She asks and I nod smiling "I'm okay my mother well that's my mother and my ex ...I didn't expect that" she nods   And I shrug "I'm not letting it get to me we're here for work" she nods and I sigh "when  did life become so complicated"