Protect them.

Lucifer sat at the bar of the hotel

Lucifer sat at the bar of the hotel. A rubber duck in front of him, along with a glass half full of whiskey. It was one of those nights wher Lucifer needed to contemplate everything that was going on in his life. Especially since it was the month of Alastor and Andria's wedding. The past few months have been...rather eventful for him. After Charlie asked for him to get her a meeting with heaven, everything seemed to move so quickly after that. He still couldn't believe how much she'd grown up in the last few years. He couldn't believe that she was going to have kids of her own in almost 7 months. His little girl was going to be a mother. Lucifer let out a sigh, his mind drifting off to her and Alastor's wedding. In only three weeks, he would have to let her go. Was Lucifer prepared to give her away to a demon like him ? Although Andria had assured her father, more than once, that she would be fine and that Alastor would protect her, it was Lucifer's natural instinct, as a father, to worry about her and her future with him. Lucifer down the rest of his whiskey before grabbing the half full bottle and pouring himself another glass. He was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard footsteps approaching him. Lucifer looked towards the staircase and saw the man his daughter would be marrying, the man he would soon call his son-in-law. Alastor approached the bar, "May I join you ?" Alastor asked, still keeping up his prideful composure. Lucifer nodded, fiddling with the rubber duck in front of him. Alastor grabbed a glass and poured himself some whiskey. He sat down on the chair next to Lucifer. An awkward silence fell over them, neither of them knew what to say to the other. It was rather awkward for both parties. For one, Lucifer sat next to the man who was fucking his daughter and Alastor sat next to his future father in law. They were always at each other's throats, they were so used to spitting insults at each other and now they had no idea how to start a genuine conversation.

Lucifer clears his throat, "So...uh...nice weather we're having, right ?" He asked, trying to strike up some sort of decent conversation.

Alastor seemed somewhat caught off guard, probably due to the fact that Lucifer was even speaking to him, "Oh, y-yes, I suppose it is quite decent." Alastor replied.

Once again, they were enveloped by awkward silence and after about 3 minutes or so, Lucifer spoke up again, "So, what brings you down here so late ?"

Alastor merely glanced at him for a minute before replying, "I, uh... I couldn't sleep. I have...a lot on  my mind tonight." Alastor continued to stare down, blankly, at the glass in front of him. His eyes meeting their reflection in the glass.

Lucifer turned his attention back to his rubber duck, "You too, huh ?" Lucifer chuckled, sheepishly.

Alastor chuckled slightly before sighing, "Yes. So much has happened in the past year and now that I'm going to be a father. It just occurred to me how vulnerable they will be when word gets out about them."

"They ?" Lucifer questioned with an arched brow.

"I mean I don't know if they're going to be a boy or a girl and I despise calling my unborn child it, so I prefer to use gender neutral pronouns."