𝟢𝟩. 𝘑𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘉𝘭𝘰𝘤𝘬, 𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘺, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘋𝘰𝘥𝘨𝘦!

Roman's vision was clouded in shadow, a thick wind of darkness curling through the mass of students as they were engulfed in a villain's quirk. He used his wings to shield himself, to no avail.

Bakugou and Kirishima had tried to attack the villain that'd teleported in between them and the door and was now monologuing to them, but they were quickly thwarted by whatever the hell this attack was.

"I'll scatter you across this facility to meet my comrades, and your deaths!" The villain's voice was a thousand discordant echoes that invaded Roman's thoughts. He was barely staying on his feet. His gilded heels dug into the concrete floor, and then the floor was gone.

Falling. He was falling.

His surprised gasp turned into a coughing fit as he hurtled towards the ground, the heat of the zone washing over his body like a tidal wave. He flapped his wings forcefully to keep himself from a painful landing. He just barely snagged one of his classmates by their hero costume and slowly lowered down until they were both touching the ground.

There were villains surrounding them on all sides, and he still hadn't caught his breath. The Conflagration Zone. Of course it had to be the Conflagration Zone. His classmate, who he now recognized as Ojiro, assumed a battle stance.

Roman did as well, but for the life of him he couldn't take a deep breath. Even through his mask, it was like smoke being blown into his face. It smelled so different, and yet every breath felt like a pair of hands wrapping around his neck, tightening their grip with every shift and shudder of Roman's lungs.

One of the villains lunged at him with blazing hands, and Roman kicked him in the sternum without holding back or thinking, feeling the bone crack under his boot before he went flying backwards, hitting the wall of a building before crumpling down into a pile of limp limbs, dangerously close to one of the blazing props.

That was way too hard. He needed to get a grip on himself.

Villains were rushing both of them at once, and while Roman was handling them mostly without difficulty, he wasn't exactly fully coordinated. Over the nuisance of the smoke and him not being used to fighting in a hero costume, he definitely wasn't fighting at his full potential.

He threw off the jacket thing impeding his view. He decided then that it just wasn't meant to be part of his costume. Between the decreased visibility and the overstimulation, it just wasn't worth it.

The shoes he couldn't do much about. Roman wasn't used to fighting in shoes at all, and he certainly wasn't used to fighting in ones this sturdy. The raised heel didn't help at all, either. If Roman had to guess, it was about three centimeters. Inconsequential to most, but it was enough to have Roman slightly off balance.

He'd either have to get used to these quick or change their design completely. He really shouldn't have let Hawks take creative liberties with his costume.

He sighed, sweeping a villain's feet out from under them and kicking them in the back of the head to knock them out. He was careful this time, making sure he didn't break anything unintentionally or hurt the villain too grievously.

Ojiro wasn't doing the same. He was throwing villains around with his tail and leaving them sprawled out anywhere and everywhere. Granted, he wasn't taking any lethal strikes, but his panic was clearly seeping into his fighting style, and he was obviously getting a little frustrated with Roman's more methodical approach to the engagement.

"Aren't birds supposed to be aggressive during the spring!?" Ojiro yelled over the sounds of the villains and the raging fires surrounding them. It was more of a joke than an actual criticism, but Roman gave it a response anyway.