𝟢𝟣. 𝘚𝘰𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘌𝘢𝘨𝘭𝘦

(A/N)

Hey you. Yeah. You. If you skipped the prologue and file (god knows I do sometimes, they can be useless) go back and read them. A lot of this isn't gonna make any sense if you don't! Sorry to interrupt. :3

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Roman had been fumbling with his tie for a good fifteen minutes before he gave up on it. He'd just ask Mic to help him tie it at school or something. He then promptly picked up his school bag and positioned it so it made as little contact with his wings as possible.

He sighed and sat down on his bed. His uniform, ever so stuffy, was bothering him like nothing had ever bothered him before. Sure, it was tailored to have cutouts for his wings, but his wings were annoyingly sensitive so that he could pick up wind patterns and he absolutely hated the feeling of fabric on them. He much preferred backless shirts, or shirts with much larger cutouts.

Roman stood right back up, telling himself that he would be fine. He opened the door to his room. His head was filled to the brim with childish worries. Worries so childish that he was starting to have meta worries about his worries being too childish.

He knew that he likely wouldn't make any friends—he hadn't had many in the first place—but that still didn't stop him from panicking at the very thought of talking to anyone that wasn't one of his programmates or a Commission employee.

Roman walked into the main area of the apartment, stopping to pet the cat he had affectionately dubbed 'Kittymaru'. Still petting the cat, he glanced up at the clock. He still had a few extra minutes to spare before he needed to leave, so why not spend them with his best friend?

He plucked Kittymaru from his resting place and held him up with both arms. He was a big cat—not a fat cat, Roman would insist. Just big-boned.

Petting Kittymaru as best as he could while holding him up, Roman had a sneaking suspicion that he was forgetting something. Eraserhead and Mic had already left, the latter having said goodbye just a few minutes before Roman left his room, entrusting him to walk to school on his own. It was one of the few liberties he was allowed, even if

Something caught his attention on the kitchen counter. A single banana was sitting out. He stalked over to the kitchen and set the cat down on the counter. There was a small note next to it, which Roman picked up with both hands.

'Eat it.', the note read. The corners of Roman's lips quirked up into a small smirk. Terse as ever, he thought, setting the note down. Well, now he knew what he had forgotten.

He picked the banana up, tossing it up into the air a few times before peeling it and starting to eat it. Kittymaru brushed his head against Roman's arm, cooing.

"Hungry?" He asked the cat with a mouthful of food, to which he received another affirmative coo. "C'mon," Roman patted his thigh twice as he walked away to get the cat to follow him. "Food."

As he fed the cat with one hand and ate his banana with the other, he went over what classes he might have in his head. Then it devolved into what having real classes would be like in general.

He patted Kittymaru on the head as he ate before standing up and making his way to the door. Free hand on the doorknob, he tossed his banana peel into the trash, announced his departure to no one in particular, and then left.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽ 🕊 ☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

When Eraserhead had offhandedly mentioned that the school was large, he meant it. Roman had been walking through it for the past seven minutes and he still hadn't a clue where he was going. And it wasn't just large referring to the building size—no, everything seemed scaled up to a proportion not meant for normal students. Hell, the doors to the classrooms had to be twenty feet tall at the least. Although, he couldn't say much about that. They must have some pretty big students coming through here.