The Date

It was no surprise to me that after Audrey's little display at the Tourney game, I was being stared at almost everywhere I went the next. Audrey managed to find me after one of my lessons. "You're having lunch with me today." She stated. She looped her arm around mine and she dragged me away. Audrey finally stopped once we were underneath a tree. Audrey let go of my arm, sighed and turned to me. "I'm sorry." She apologised. Audrey settled underneath the tree and pat the space next to her. I lowered myself to the ground next to her, folding my leg underneath me and laying my leg on the grass.

"What's there to be sorry about?" I asked, turning to her.

"I just..." Audrey's eyes fell to the ground. "After Ben broke up with me I just needed someone, and you were there. You...you don't have to come with me to the Coronation if you don't want to."

"Oh, no, it's ok, I want to go with you." I looked over at Audrey. Her cheeks flushed. "I can't deny that I feel some attraction towards you, that kiss at the game was." I let out a low whistle. "I didn't think a first kiss would be that amazing. But, I'm happy to see where this goes."

"Really?" I nodded. I opened my arm for Audrey. She hesitated for a second before leaning into my side, resting her head on my shoulder. I smiled, resting my cheek on her head. I closed my eyes and the two of us relaxed.

"Hadley!" A voice shouted, snapping us out of our daydreams a little while later. Mal and Evie were hurrying towards us.

"What?" I asked. Audrey grumbled, sitting up.

"We need you, right now!" Evie said. She reached down and grabbed my arm and started to tug me up.

"Ok! Ok! I'll be up in a second! Let go!" Evie dropped my arm. I turned to Audrey. She was looking away. "I'll be back after dealing with this, alright?" Audrey was silent and still for a second before she nodded. I smiled softly, pressing a kiss to Audrey's temple before hauling myself to my feet. "See you love." I limped after Mal and Evie. We soon found ourselves in Mal and Evie's dorm. After Mal was forced into a new set of clothes, Mal and Evie were seated on Evie's bed as the daughter of the Evil Queen applied makeup.

"Ok, easy on the blush." Mal said, pushing Evie's down slightly. "I don't want to scare him away. Not that I could."

"Please. My mum taught me how to apply blush before I could talk." Evie said, continuing her previous work on Mal's cheeks. "Always use upward strokes." She finished and opened up a lipstick.

"My mother never gave me makeup tips, and I never had a sister."

"Well, now you have two." I stated, crossing my arms and stepping forward, "If we don't pull this off, we need all the family we can get. My dad's never happy when things don't go her way." I sighed, "Just ask Mr Smee."

"Are you afraid of him?" Mal asked me.

"Nah, not really." I said, leaning up against a bedpost. "Dad's more focused on Harry more than anything else, so I didn't really get much attention, so no reason to be scared. His anger is more directed at his crew than anything else."

"How about you, E?"

"Sometimes." Evie sighed. "Are you afraid of your mum?" Mal paused.

"I just want her to be proud of me." She said, "She gets so angry with me when I disappoint her. And sh-yeah, she's my mum, so I know she loves me...in her own way." Evie then pulled Mal from her seat and dragged her over to the mirror. Mal gave a short laugh, tugging the ends of her jacket.

"I know." Evie said, leaning her head on Mal's shoulder.

"I look..."

"Say it." I ordered, putting my head on Mal's other shoulder.