Welcome to Auradon

In front of Mal's house sat a stretch limo, adorned with a mini crown. I gave my chest to the driver, ignoring how his eyes lingered on my leg, before hobbling around to the doors. I opened the door, and was about to get in when I heard Cruella shouting from behind me. "Carlos!" Cruella cried. I looked behind me to see Carlos hurrying away from his mother. Carlos threw his trash bag of clothes into the limo, ran past me and practically dove into the limo. I hurried into the limo after him. I found myself seated in between Jay and Carlos, my peg-leg digging into the carpet by Jay's foot.

"Bring me home a better hook!" Dad ordered me as the limo started to move.

"Bring home the gold!" Jafar called out to his son.

"Bring home a puppy!" Cruella demanded.

"Bring home a prince!" The Evil Queen shouted at Evie. The Limo drove out of the run-down street. Jay, Carlos and I found ourselves enamoured at the array of sweets that were presented to us. The three of us shared a look, before we dove for it. Each of us scrambled to get something. I managed to wrap my hands around what looked to be red jelly sticks. I ripped one with my teeth, and my eyes widened at the strawberry flavour.

"Oh, these." Carlos started, hitting me on the arm. "They're salty like nuts but it's sweet like I don't know what."

"Show me." I ordered. Carlos opened his mouth, showing me the chewed-up piece in his mouth. "Eww!" I complained, shoving Carlos' face away and snatching the half-eaten candy out of his hand. I broke a piece off, handing it to Jay before shoving mine in my mouth. Jay and I shared a look, it was delicious.

"Look!" Evie exclaimed. I turned to where Evie was looking, and saw us heading straight for the magic barrier.

"It's a trap!" Carlos yelped. We all huddled together, fearing the worst. I felt Jay's arm wrap around me as I latched onto Carlos. We all let out screams of terror as we held onto each other for dear life. When nothing happened, we sat up, "What just happened?" Carlos asked. I looked out the driver's windshield window. A bridge, made out of yellow bricks was spread out before us.

"It must be magic!" Evie exclaimed, bouncing in her seat. Mal turned to the driver and taped a remote she was holding.

"Hey, did this little button just open up the magic barrier?" Mal asked.

"No, this one opens the magic barrier." The limo driver said, holding up a gold button, "That one opens my garage, and this one..." He pushed a button on the dashboard that closed the partition.

"Ok," Mal started, turning back around. "Nasty...I like that guy." She stated, tapping the garage remote against her thigh. We drove until we reached a driveway to a school that looked like a castle. The sign at the front of the school driveway said 'Welcome To Auradon Prep - Goodness Doesn't Get Any Better'. I fake-gagged, this place was already the worst. I was just about to get out of the limo when I felt a pressure on my back and I was flung to the ground. I groaned as Carlos landed on top of me.

"You got everything else, why do you want whatever-this-is!" Carlos screeched as he presumably fought with Jay.

"Because you want it!" Jay replied, still pulling.

"Get off me!" I shouted. "I already have one leg, I don't need a broken back!"

"Guys, guys, we have an audience!" Mal said through gritted teeth. Jay spit out a candy he was holding in his teeth.

"Just cleaning up!" Jay said, looking at the people as he pulled Carlos to his feet. I slowly got to my feet, using the limo as a crutch. I hopped on my good leg to get my balance before resting my peg on the ground again. I looked around and noticed that we had a welcoming committee, great. There was what I assume to be the school band, an old lady, and two students. The old lady had brown hair styled neatly wearing a blue dress with a pink bow. The students walked arm in arm, the boy had honey-blonde hair and hazel eyes, and was dressed in a blazer that had the Auradonian crest stitched into the pocket. The girl gave me pause, she had caramel skin and brown eyes, her hair styled neatly. She was gorgeous, dressed in a pink dress and blue cardigan. I had to shake my head to focus on what the woman was saying.