The Royal Proclamation

BELLE AND BEAST'S CASTLE - AURADON - NARRATOR'S POV - SIXTEEN YEARS AFTER LAST CHAPTER

Prince Benjamin of Auradon stood on a podium in his room, getting fitted for his coronation suit. He was gazing out the window at the Isle as the royal tailor was taking down measurements on his notepad. The door to Ben's room opened and his parents, King Beast and Queen Belle walked in, their arms linked. "How is it possible you're going to be crowned King next month, you're just a baby!" Beast exclaimed, a smile gracing his face.

"He's turning sixteen dear." His wife reminded him.

"Hey pops." Ben greeted nervously.

"Sixteen, it's far too young to be crowned King," Beast explained, as he took off his glasses and put them in his inside jacket pocket, "I didn't make a good decision until I was...42." He stated. Belle then turned on him.

"Uh, you decided to marry me at 28." She reminded him again.

"Well, it was either you or a teapot." Beast winked at Ben as Belle rolled her eyes. "Kidding."

"Mum, Dad," Ben started, as he tried to get off the podium he was standing on, but the tailor held him back. "I've chosen my first official proclamation." His parents shared a happy yet surprised look. "I've decided, that the children on the Isle Of The Lost be given a chance...to live here in Auradon." He stated. Belle dropped the shirt she was holding with a small squeak, her and Beast's mouths fell open. "Every time I look out to the island I feel like they have been abandoned." He explained, walking off the podium, much to the annoyance of the tailor.

"The children of our sworn enemies, living among us?" Beast clarified, pointing out the window at the Isle.

"We start off with a few at first, only the ones who need our help the most." He said. A look of compassion spread across Belle's face, while Beast's face seemed to set itself in stone. "I've already chosen them." Ben continued with a smile.

"Have you?" Beast asked, stepping towards his son. Belle placed a hand on her husband's shoulder,

"I gave you a second chance." Belle told him. She then turned to Ben, "Who are their parents?" She asked.

"Cruella De Vil, Jafar, Evil Queen, Captain Hook... and Maleficent." The tailor yelped and dropped his notepad.

"MALEFICENT!" Beast roared, "She is the worst villain in the land!"

"Dad, just hear me out here-"

"I won't hear of it." The tailor bowed and quickly exited the room. "They are guilty of unspeakable crimes!"

"Dad, their children are innocent. Don't you think they deserve a shot at a normal life?" Ben asked. "Dad...?"

"I suppose, the children are innocent." Beast replied after a few moments of silence. He started to walk towards the door, wanting to leave. However, he paused at the door, waiting for his wife. Belle walked up to her son and straightened his jacket.

"Well done." She told him gently, prompting a smile to spread across Ben's face. Belle then turned around and approached her husband. "Shall we." Belle took her husband's arm and they walked out of the room. Ben played with his ring as he gazed out at the Isle.

THE ISLE OF THE LOST

On the Isle of the Lost, a gang of five were wreaking havoc across the run-down town. A purple haired girl was spray painting a tag on the wall of an old building, a long-haired beanie-wearing boy was parkouring across the roofs, a blue-haired girl was turning heads as she strutted down the alleyways and a salt-and-pepper haired boy was making stealing things from almost everyone he encountered. The last member of this cohort, a pirate, was the most dangerous of their group.