The Museum

Mal and Evie swung by my dorm room later that night, and the three of us made our way to the boys' room. Honestly, I loved the boy's room a hell of a lot more. It was dark, with green curtains, and darker wood. When we walked in, Carlos was playing a game while Jay was emptying his pockets. "Jay! What are you doing?" Mal asked. I tuned out of their conversation and turned to Carlos.

"Hads, you gotta check this out!" Carlos started to hand me the controls. I shrugged off my jacket, throwing it onto a chair before snatching the controllers out of his hand and hoped up to the platform. Watching the screen, I started to play, dodging and weaving to the animated enemies.

"Guys! Do I need to remind you what we're all here for?!" Mal asked.

"I think your mum drilled it into us already Mal." I said, my eyes not leaving the screen. "Fairy Godmother, blah blah blah, Magic wand, blah blah blah!" Evie, Jay and Carlos laughed along with me.

"This is our ONE chance! To prove ourselves to our parents!" Mal shouted I stopped playing, my hands gripping the controllers. "To prove that we are evil and vicious and ruthless and cruel!" Mal said right after. "Yeah?" Mal got a round of 'yeah' back. "Evie, mirror me." I turned away from the screen as Mal and Evie sat down. I shoved the controllers into Carlos' chest before leaning on the back of Mal's chair.

"Mirror, Mirror, on the-in my hand, where does Fairy Godmother's wand...stand?" Evie asked. The mirror showed the wand.

"There it is!" Mal gasped.

"Zoom out." Carlos suggested.

"Magic mirror, not so close." Evie whispered into the mirror, it showed the world, "Closer," I showed the continent as Carlos typed something into the computer, "Closer," It showed the country, "Closer!" The mirror showed a building with a sign of it.

"Can I go back to my game? I'm on level three!" Carlos started to walk away but I grabbed the back of his shirt to stop him.

"Stop!" Jay exclaimed,

"It's in a museum! Do we know where that is?" I wondered.

"Two point three miles from here." Carlos said, turning the laptop to show us. Everyone started to gather their things to leave. My eyes widened. Mind the curfew my father's voice echoed in my mind.

"But curfew...?" I trailed off.

"Screw the curfew!" Mal hissed at me. "We can be back home by midnight, he won't care." I bit my lip...fine! I grabbed my jacket and followed Jay out of the room. If I get punished for this, I'm pinning it on Mal. "Carlos!" Mal called behind us as our scrawny friend was still playing his game.

"Coming!" He called back, running to catch up with us while he pulled on his jacket. We made a stop at our dorm to grab Mal's Spell Book and ran to the Museum. We arrived in no time flat despite my leg causing us to slow a little.

"Check your mirror." Mal whispered to Evie,

"Is my mascara smudged?" She asked, holding the Mirror to her face, observing herself.

"Yeah. While you're at it, how's 'bout you find us the wand!" Mal said sarcastically.

"Sure! This way!" Evie said, running off in a different direction. We made it to a set of doors, and when we peeked through, we saw a guard. He turned around to the doors and we moved. Mal and Evie went to the right, Carlos and Jay went to the left and I ducked down. After a minute, we looked to see if the guard was looking the other way, he was, so we resumed our original positions. The guard was in front of a set of monitors displaying different items. There was a glass slipper, a trident, a gold egg, a rose and a lamp. A Spindle, more specifically Maleficent's spindle, was displayed on a pedestal.

"That's your mother's spinning wheel?" Jay laughed.

"Yeah, it's kinda dorky." Carlos added.

"Seriously Mal, your mum couldn't have made something a little more exciting." I commented.

"It's magic, it doesn't have to look scary." Mal defended, as she brought out her spellbook. "Magic spindle, do not linger, make my victim prick a finger." She commanded, the security guard just turned to look at the Spindle.

"Impressive." Jay said sarcastically.

"Amazing!" I breathed.

"I got chills!" Carlos remarked, holding up his arm.

"Ok, you know what!" Mal said, opening her book again. "Prick the finger, prick it deep, send my enemy off to sleep." She read. The guard slowly stood up and admired the spindle. He then raised his hand to the point and pricked his finger. He let out a yawn, laid down on the dias and promptly fell asleep. "Not so dorky now huh?" Mal taunted as she gripped the door handle and tried to open it. It was obviously locked.

"Stand back." Jay said smugly.

"Make it easy, make it quick, open up without a kick." Mal recited. The doors flew open just as Jay went to kick them down. He landed on his but in the entryway with an audible thud. Mal, Evie and I started to laugh. "You coming?" Mal kicked Jay as she passed him. Mal put her finger to her lips to tell the others to be quiet. We edged past the guard and quickly started to search the rooms. We eventually made it to a room called 'Gallery Of Villains' It had statues of all of our parents.

"Mummy?" Evie whispered, looking at a statue of the Evil Queen in all her former glory.

"Killer..." Jay muttered, eyeing a statue of his father.

"I will never forget Mother's Day again." Carlos whimpered, standing in fright at a statue of Cruella chasing some Dalmatians.

"Dad." I said in awe, admiring my father's statue. He was on his ship, his cutlass raised with waves swelling under the boat. He looked terrifying, but thank the Gods he wasn't here.

"Well," Jay clapped his hands once and bought us out of our trance. "Let's bounce!" He started to walk away, "Let's go!" We all took one last look at our parent's status before walking out. We kept on looking through rooms and I noticed Mal was unusually quiet. I looked behind me and saw that she wasn't there.

"Where's Mal?" I asked, looking around,

"I'll go get her." Evie said, walking back the way we came. Jay, Carlos and I continued forward, and we managed to actually find a room that said 'Cinderellasburg Wing'. Mal and Evie joined us as we entered the room. We gazed down at the wand, so much power, ripe for the taking. Jay whooped and ran down the stairs to get closer to the Wand. He was on the other side of the wand when we reached him. Jay then started to duck underneath the railing.

"Jay don't." Mal warned him. He smirked, ducked underneath the railing and held his hand out. "No! Wait! Don't!" Jay touched the force field and was thrown back over the railing. We all blocked our ears trying to protect them from the harsh siren that was blaring.

"A forefield and a siren!" Carlos complained.

"That's just a little excessive." Jay grunted, trying to get up.

"Let's go!" I ushered everybody to leave. We ran past the 'Gallery Of Villains' and towards the exit. When we got to the entryway, we stopped and waited for Carlos as he was trying to stop the alarm. "Carlos!" I whispered frantically.

"You're welcome." He said, walking towards us. We ran out of the Museum and back to school.

"Way to go Jay!" Mal shouted at him. "Now we have to go to school tomorrow!" Rule one of the Pirate Code, broken.