Chapter 21 - Unrelenting Savagery

Author Note: Yo! Chapter 21. We are nearing the end of book 1 in about a couple of chapters. I hope you guys like this one. Please remember to follow, favorite, and review. It greatly helps with my motivation in making new chapters. Have a wonderful and awesome day!

Chapter 21

Team avatar soared throughout the clouds. Eyes drawn forward as newfound smiles formed along their faces...Benjamin, there friend and the last of the Jedi had finally awakened from his trip within the spirit world.

Benjamin had finished telling them of what happened. Explaining to them about his promotion to the rank of Watchman and meeting the famed Jedi master Ulic Qel Droma. He didn't tell them of the dark side apparition and Ulic's worry of him falling to the dark side.

They were already stressed out prior to their conversation with Aang...

"So, the vision was true..." Benjamin spoke. Combing through his locks of hair as he turned to team avatar. "I had this force vision...I thought that it may have been a dream but looking back."

He remembered that fiery commit...the waves of dark side warriors that were being trained as they spoke. Could one Jedi truly halt their numbers?

"It's okay, Benji." Aang responded. "For a second, when Roku told me about it as well. I wasn't sure if I believed it myself. Now, we understand how little time we have..."

Benjamin was still reeling from his time in the spirit world but even he knew he had to get his act together. In a year, a powerful commit would soar through the skies. This commit would be powerful, boosting all the fire benders bending ability...this would end the war. Coupled with the power of the dark side of the force and the growing number of dark siders, this would surely bring an end to the conflict.

All that stood against this roar of darkness...was an avatar with barely any training, and a failure of the Jedi Order. Ben sighed, leaning against the saddle as he felt tempted to steal another cigarette or a swig from his stashed gin. Yet, Katara was still up...

Days like today, where there was too much shit that had happened just made him want to forget. He hadn't properly slept in a while now, but his senses felt revigorated during his time in the spirit world. Benjamin gazed down at his lightsaber blade.

Turning towards Jet as the boy was just finished being healed by Katara. "Jet, I heard about your..."

"...lost to the dark jedi. Yeah, I know." Jet cut him off, sneering as he glossed down to the floor. Eyes heavy as he relaxed his muscles along the saddle. He was sick of it, he saw Katara's look of pity and how Sokka wouldn't look at him.

He was an expert duelist...he should've won. If he was only stronger than, he could've won against him. Yet, he was at that dark jedi's mercy the whole fight. Pushed to the defensive as that dark jedi lashed out with the force and pushed him through a pillar.

He was at their mercy...and if that damn fire nation general didn't stop him then that dark jedi would of extinguished his life.

"It's not something to feel ashamed of Jet." Sokka spoke up. He was lightly carving along a piece of wood as he lounged on the saddle. "Me, Aang, and Katara both got thrown around by another dark jedi. We can handle benders, but we mostly leave the dark jedi to Ben."

"Yep...Kiara." He spoke up. Eyes dragging towards the nubs of his fingers. A reminder of what he had lost to that girl. Another reminder that in hesitation lied pain and death...a mistake that he had been making far too much.

"...but how is that fair?" Jet spoke up. Eyes narrowed as he thrashed along the saddle. "How long can we keep this up. Just avoiding the fire nation and the Sith they are..."