꧁When You're Separated꧂

➪ Naruto

You were currently sprinting to the gates of Konoha. Naruto told you earlier in the week that he had to go on a very important mission with Kakashi, Sakura and a member named Sai that you've only met a couple of times.

The only thing was that this mission was estimated to take over a month at the very least.

You haven't been away from Naruto for that long before but you both are shinobi and it's your job to help people and keep Konoha safe.

You woke up a bit late but you wanted to pack Naruto a lunch and some snacks for the road so here you were, running as fast as you could, hoping they haven't left yet.

As you approach the gate you finally spot Naruto as his team was ready to leave although you could see him frantically searching around.

"NARUTOOO!" You yell out waving your hands as you try to catch up to him.

You see his eyes lock with yours and a giant grin growing on his face as he runs to met you half way. You stop breathing heavily with your hands on your knees.

"Y/N-chan! I almost left you know!" He smiled widely at you letting you catch your breath. As you do you stand up giving him a closed eye smile.

"Oh! H-Here Naruto, a lunch and some snacks for the trip, okay?" You said sheepishly. He took the box thanking you still with a grand smile.

You stared at him for a little before grabbing him and locking him in a tight embrace, shoving your face in his neck. He was a bit surprised but hugged back almost just as tight.

"Just... promise to come back, okay Naruto?" You let out a shaky sigh making Naruto tighten his grip on you if that was even possible.

"Of course, I could never even dream about leaving you." Naruto pulled away giving you a long kiss on your head. You guys just looked into each other's eyes not wanting to let go.

"Come on Naruto we need to go now!" You heard Sakura from behind him.

"Well then, bye Naruto! I'm going to miss you so much!" As you guys split from each and he started to walk back to the team still facing you, Naruto laughed and shook his head. "No way Y/N-chan, I'll miss you so much more!"

You laughed along with him until you heard someone speak. "I'm leaving too you know." You heard Kakashi say with a sigh making you sweat drop. "Right... you'll be missed too" You gave Kakashi a short smile before turning back to Naruto.

"Bye! Keep watch over the village while we're gone okay!" Naruto yells back while waving as they leave. You kept waving at them as they left your view before breathing out sadly.

"He'll be back in no time"

➪ Sasuke

You've been thinking about going back to your cottage for a while now. There's no one to take care of it and what if others come across it and ransack it or destroy it. You just want to go back, tidy it up a bit, collect some things that you've been missing, and just stay there for a while like you used to.

You've talked with Chrono about this too and he could tell how homesick you were and encouraged you to go back just for a little while, kind of like a vacation.

You were a bit hesitant to bring this up with Sasuke though. You believe that he'll just say no, he's too determined in his goals and you know he doesn't have time to play around in your childhood home.

But Sasuke can tell there's been something wrong for a while now.

So when you two were alone for once he brought it up. "There's something bothering you, what is it?" you jumped hearing him speak suddenly as he sighs out of annoyance.