Ivarstead

Xalnir and Alesan are seen walking the road to Ivarstead in the morning mist. They had just recently set camp for the day just down the road and had a somewhat good sleep. The morning mist filled their lungs as they inched closer to Ivarstead.

Xalnir: Look ahead. Is that Ivarstead?

Alesan: Seems like it, well, according to my map.

Xalnir: Great! Maybe we can finally have a drink together.

Alesan: That does sound rather nice. I how you aren't a lightweight.

Xalnir: We will find out. Come on!

Xalnir happily rushes towards Ivarstead.

Alesan: Hey! Wait up! Haha.

Xalnir: Keep up!

Xalnir and Alesan are seen rushing towards Ivarstead as the throat of the world towers above, making Xalnir and Alesan look like tiny bugs in a large world. Ivarstead is seen and shows a mill, farm, bridge, inn, and house. Xalnir arrives in Ivarstead and is seen looking at the quaint little town with a smile as Alesan is seen trying to catch up to him.

Xalnir: Whoa. It seems so small but also big.

Alesan catches up.

Alesan: Jeez, you seem to love this whole adventuring thing.

Xalnir: Why do you say that?

Alesan: Well, you're clearly moved by this little town. It shows me you have a real knack for adventure.

Xalnir: Well, I have not left Riften my whole life, so I am going to be amazed at everything. Come on, the Inn is over here, it looks like.

Alesan: I could go for a cold drink.

Xalnir: As would I, but try not to drink too much. I feel you are the drinking type. Hehe.

Alesan: What man doesn't enjoy a good mead or ale?

Xalnir: Huh, I guess that is true. But still, do not drink too much. I do not want to have to drag you to Angi's shack myself.

Alesan: Do not worry about me. I will be fine. My father did not raise a lightweight.

Xalnir: We will see about that, haha. Let's go.

Xalnir happily rushes into the tavern and opens the door and sees a cozy tavern with clean stone walls and clean wooden planks on the ground with a nice warmth circulating around inside. The innkeeper looks at Xalnir and is a middle-aged nord.

Innkeeper: Oh, hello there, friend. Welcome to the Vilemyr Inn. Have a seat and let the cold out. Svidi will be right with you if you want a drink, or you could come up to the counter, whatever suits you. But please, relax, all are welcome here. Although, it has been a while since an Argonian came through.

Xalnir: Oh, thank you.

Alesan bursts through the door. And quickly composes himself.

Alesan: Oh, uh, hi. Sorry for bursting in.

Innkeeper: Haha, don't worry, that actually happens a lot. You'd probably be surprised. But like I was telling your friend, have a seat and let the cold out. If you want a mug of ale, feel free to come up to me or sit and wait for Svidi to come assist you.

Xalnir: Thank you, uh...

Innkeeper: Wilhelm. You can call me Wilhelm.

Xalnir: Right, thank you, Wilhelm. Come on, Alesan, let's sit by the fire. It is a cold morning.

Alesan: Some warmth would do me good. Hehe.

Xalnir and Alesan sit down by the fire and place their backpacks on the side of their chairs.

Xalnir: Ahhhh. This is cozy. I have not felt the warmth of a roaring fire in a while.

Alesan: Really? It has only been one day.

Xalnir: True, but let me relax.

Alesan: I never said you couldn't.

Svidi, the waiter, comes over to Xalnir and Alesan, and Alesan is seen slightly gawking over her.

Svidi: Hi there, is there anything I can get you, fellows? We have pretty much everything you could want.

Svidi takes out a small notebook and prepares to write any drinks down.

Xalnir: Say, Alesan, what do you feel like having. I will just have the same thing.

Alesan: Hmm, what mead do you have?

Svidi: We have Black Briar and Honningbrew.

Alesan: Honningbrew? We'll take 2 of those, please.

Svidi writes on her notebook with a smile.

Svidi: I'll have that right out for you.

Svidi walks towards the counter and talks to Wilhelm, but their conversation is not audible.

Xalnir: Did I see you gawking at her Alesan?

Alesan: Uh, um, no, pssh, what. No, I wasn't. I swear. Eh heh.

Xalnir smirks

Xalnir: Ah ah ah. I can tell when you're nervous, Alesan. You clearly are right now. Do not feel ashamed to gawk. I gawk all the time, hehe. At my own kind of course.

Alesan: I honestly do not believe that, hehe. I know you've seen those human maidens. They do pack a punch to our eyes, don't they?

Xalnir: Um, well, yeah. I guess you're right. But I have seen many argonian women who are flames.

Alesan: Haha, It is fun hearing you speak about maidens even though you've never had one.

Xalnir: Hey, it's not my fault. I am just, uh, nervous, that's all.

Alesan: Why? You only live once. Why not experiment and get out and, ahem, "explore." Hehe.

Xalnir: Gah! Haha! You are wrong for placing lewd thoughts in my head.

Alesan: What?! It's just a simple piece of advice. Is it not right? You have to get out there, and you know, "explore." I know you know my meaning.

Xalnir: I know, but do not place such lewd thoughts in my head. Haha.

Alesan: Don't tell me you do not have a small piece of lust in that head of yours.

Xalnir: Yeah, well, I guess you are right. But still, I would rather not speak or think about women just yet.

Alesan: Why not? You are at the perfect age to produce offspring, are you not? Or is it different? You've never told me how it works, and then again, I'd rather not know anyway.

Xalnir: All I can say is that it is not too different from how you land-striders do it.

Alesan: Really? That is kind of interesting.

Svidi comes back and hands Xalnir and Alesan drinks.

Svidi: Here you gents go. Fresh mead straight from the barrel.

Xalnir: Thank you. Fair lady.

Alesan: Indeed.

Svidi: Just doing my job. Hehe.

Xalnir hands Svidi 5 septims.

Svidi: Thank you. Enjoy.

Svidi then walks off and strikes up a conversation with Wilhelm.

Xalnir cracks open the bottle first.

Xalnir: I hope you can handle a good drink.

Alesan: Indeed I can.

Xalnir: To an adventurous future, and beautiful woman. Haha.

Alesan: I can cheer to that.

Xalnir and Alesan clink their bottles together and take a sip and begin to strike up a conversation that is not audible as the light from outside shines brightly into the inn as 2 close friends enjoy each other's company after a long journey.