seven

Hunter was waiting for me outside of school the next day when Quinn and I pulled into the parking lot

Hunter was waiting for me outside of school the next day when Quinn and I pulled into the parking lot. I made my way over to him and he greeted me with a hug and a kiss on the forehead. We walked into the school, hand in hand, and it was safe to say everyone was staring.

Gemma and Nate were standing next to Gemma's locker and she sent me a dirty look as I passed by. I realized that with Hunter always around now, they had stopped hurting me. I felt a small sense of satisfaction and relief at that realization. I felt safe now that Hunter was by my side, which was ironic since everyone was so afraid of him.

Quinn had rushed ahead of us to go meet up with her friends who also gave us dirty looks. I ignored all of it, as I turned to smile up at my boyfriend. I was too happy to care.

We went to our lockers to grab some of our stuff and I thought we were in the clear to make our way to Physics until Jack, Frank, and one of their other friends, Ben, walked over. I stopped in my tracks at the sight of them. What did they want? They stood huddled up staring at Hunter and ignoring me even though I was right by his side.

"Evans," Jack called out and cleared his throat. He puffed out his chest to look bigger than he was and it looked like the two others were doing the same.

Hunter just stared at them, looking unamused. I almost laughed at the fact that Jack was trying to look intimidating when Hunter was visibly bigger than him. This was going to be interesting to say the least.

"My girl wants you to stay away from her sister. Drew doesn't need a criminal in her life, influencing her, and putting her in danger, okay? So just do what's best for yourself and stop whatever it is that's going on here," Jack threatened as he gestured between Hunter and me.

Hunter just let out a snort of laughter, seemingly unphased, but I felt anger building up in the pit of my stomach. I stepped forward and shoved Jack back with all of the force I could muster up. It didn't do much except make him look down at me in shock. Frank stepped forward to grab me, but Hunter was quick to get in his way and then hold me back.

"You're so pathetic, Jack. Why don't you just mind your own business? Seriously, you think you can just threaten us and we will stop dating? Quinn doesn't want me dating a criminal? I don't want my sister dating a brainless jock, but here YOU are!" I knew my words were mean and I would probably apologize to Jack later, but at that moment I was fed up with Quinn and her friends.

"Hey, hey," Hunter whispered into my ear, trying to calm me down. I let out a deep breath I didn't know that I was holding and held onto Hunter, but I kept my glare on Jack.

Jack raised his hands up in surrender before sighing in defeat, "Look, I'm sorry Drew. Just take it up with Quinn, you two need to deal with this."

He walked away and so did Ben, but Frank stayed behind a few extra seconds to shoot me and Hunter a nasty look. It made a bad feeling rise up in me and I curled into Hunter's side.