three

I had to get 7 stitches in my upper lip and cupid's bow

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

I had to get 7 stitches in my upper lip and cupid's bow. My lip was incredibly swollen and just like Hunter had said, I was getting a nasty bruise on my face. My dad parked the car in our driveway when we got back and carried my stuff in the house for me.

He grabbed an ice pack from the freezer while I went to plop down on the couch. I was in so much pain and all I felt like doing was taking a nap. The hospital, despite the small population of our town, was really backed up today because of some car accident that had happened so we waited hours for me to be seen by the doctor.

My dad handed me the ice pack as well as a couple of pain pills that were prescribed to me.

"Thanks," I said and gave the best half-smile that I could.

"Of course. I already texted Quinn to tell her that you came home early. I have to head back to work. Your mother and I are supposed to go out with Jack's parents tonight, do you think you will be okay here?"

I nodded in response before taking the pills. My dad gave me a kiss on the forehead before heading back out the door. I decided to turn on a random movie as I continued to ice my face. I was pretty irritated that I was missing classes when it was only my second week of school because I didn't want to be behind already, but there was nothing I could do about that until the next day.

It wasn't long before I ended up falling asleep on the couch. My nap didn't last very long though because soon enough Quinn came home from school. She slammed the front door and her obnoxiously loud voice could have been heard from anywhere in the house as she chatted on the phone.

I sat up reluctantly, knowing I wouldn't be going back to sleep anytime soon. Fortunately, Quinn ended her phone call just a few moments after stepping in. She then came storming into the living room where I was and it took a lot to stop my eyes from rolling.

"What happened today?!" Quinn shrieked, looking at me with scorching eyes.

I was so confused. Was she mad at me? What did I do?

"What do you mean?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"What do I mean? Um, I don't know, D. How did your face get bashed in causing you to have to go get stitches? Was it Hunter? You know, I heard he was with you in the hallway."

Instantly, I was annoyed. Why was she so dead set on painting Hunter as a terrible person?

"No! Why would you even ask that? Nate shoved me into the lockers and Hunter was the one that stood up for me and took me to the nurse." Not only was I mad because Quinn was downright annoying, I was mad because for once, I felt like I had a friend at school. I felt like there was someone who cared, and instead of being able to enjoy that, I was being berated. I wanted to scream that Hunter was the first person to ever stand up to Gemma and Nate for me. Quinn had seen some of the things they did to me and she always turned a blind eye. Some sister she was.