98: 𝐼'𝑙𝑙 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑡𝑒𝑐𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢

Kira stared at the ceiling. Laying flat on her back in the guest bedroom of the Bakugou house.

After her mildly embarrassing display of terror the adults walked out of the room to discuss Kira. Obviously she would be moved into the dorms, but until they were built it was agreed that the Bakugou's would continue to care for her.

It was obvious that she needed someone there for her and both All Might and Eraserhead had too much to do. With All Might's retirement and the interviews that still needed to take place and the possibility of press conferences coming soon they couldn't stay with her.

So The Bakugou's didn't hesitate to make it known she could stay there. That she should stay there. All Might trusted her to them and Aizawa called Naomosa to acquire some extra protection for both students.

They had been planning for it anyways, but now the house was being watched by at least two officers 24/7. Staked outside the house armed with guns and radios to call in if they see anything suspicious.

Kira stared at the ceiling. She didn't know what time it was, but she knew it was late. The officers just switched rotation, giving her a new set of guards outside.

She couldn't sleep.

She didn't feel safe, she was told over and over again that she was safe. But she didn't believe them.

She wasn't safe.

Momma knew who she was now, she had too. She knows where she is. She knows how to find her.

She knows.

She knows.

She knows.

Bakugou's restful sleep a few doors down became more fitful as a dream began to play. A nightmare for both of them.

Even when she was awake Kira was plagued by dreams. Nightmares that weren't even hers but felt like they were. Nightmares of the league and of All Might's demise. Now with the information of this woman being a part of Kira's past Bakugou thought of her as well.

A big monster, blown up to huge proportions. She pinned Kira's deflated uncle to the ground and looked around with bright glowing yellow eyes.

Kira whimpered at the illusion she could see through her quirk. Katsuki was begging for something, his dreamy mummers weren't making much sense.

Kira got up, desperate for the dream to end. She snuck down the hall and opened up the door to his room. She didn't care about getting caught, Mrs Bakugou probably wouldn't even care if she saw them.

Kira snuck over after closing his door, Bakugou was still clearly having a fitful dream. His face scrunched up and his breathing unsteady. He was sweating a lot, which may or may not be a fire hazard.

She snuck over and leaned over him, biting her lip. She wasn't sure what the best way to go about this was. He'd probably flinch or lash out, he was pretty distressed after all. Kira sighed and got onto his bed, sitting on her knees beside the boy and holding one of his balled up fists in her hands.
"Katsuki." She whispered.

She whispered his name a few times and eventually he seemed to relax. But didn't wake up. The dreams of the villains and all might and his guilt melted away, suddenly Kira could see herself in his mindseye.

She blushed and pulled her hand back away from him, like that could stop it.

The dream wasn't much, just them at school. Holding hands, but it definitely was much calmer than the last one.

Kira sighed and shook him a little. As pleasant as it was she wasn't eager to sit and watch a dream about herself right now. "Damn it Katsuki." She mumbled.

She would much rather go to sleep and dream her own dreams. Preferably while she was cuddling Bakugou.

Bakugou flinched awake and looked at her with a squint. "What the fuck?" He whispered. "It's like four in the morning."

"Shh." Kira whispered, laying down next to him and pulling at his blanket. "Let me in."

"Hey!" Katsuki said, grumbling like a gremlin as Kira pulled his blankets up and slid in. "Kiraa." He whined her name as she got comfortable next to him.

"Right as I was starting to have a good dream." He whined.

"Yeah well all of your dreams keep me up." Kira whispered. "Especially the bad ones."

"You can see my dreams?!" He whispered. He should have seen it coming, but he had never thought about it.

"Yeah, now shhh!" Kira said, snuggling against his chest.

"You can't just-"

"Shh."

"But my parents-"

"Shh."

"Don't shh me-"

"Shh."

"Kira-"

"You're bad at this." Kira mumbled, wrapping her arms around him. "I can't sleep."

"Oh come on! Neither can I now." He grumbled, wrapping his arms around her too. His heart fluttered in his chest and Kira could feel him blushing. He was probably red and flustered over this.

"Katsuki please." Kira whispered, tucking her head down against his chest. "I'm scared okay. Just let me..."

"Whatever." Bakugou sighed, feeling a little bad for being so grumpy. He wrapped his arms around her carefully, aware of how much sweat he had produced during his nightmare. If his quirk activated even a tiny bit he would probably blow them both up.

"You're going to be okay Kira." He mumbled.

"I'm sick of people saying that. You don't know if that's even true." She whispered back.

"Kira... You're terrified of her and I get that. After everything you went through it would be weird to not be scared of her." Bakugou said. He sighed. "But you're not seven anymore okay? You can protect yourself now, and you have a lot of people that can protect you too."

Kira sniffled and hugged him tighter.

"We're going to be in the dorms soon. UA is literally the safest place in Japan right now. And until then we have these officers and you have me. I won't let anything happen to you I promise." He told her. "I'll protect you Kira Kokoa."

Kira gripped his shirt, her breathing was getting calmer as she started to feel a little more tired.

"I swear."

A/N: Art timeeeeee

Thanks updatepasta

Thanks updatepasta