22

Olivia sighs heavily when, for the fourth time tonight, she was awoken by loud cries coming from down the hall. Dinner had gone great, and so had bath time, and apparently she'd been deluded to think Aurora would go to bed without issue too when in fact she'd been majorly unsettled from the very moment Olivia had put to bed.

She kicks off the blankets and shoves her feet into her slippers before trudging out of the room, planning on bringing the little one to bed with her so they could at least get some sleep.

Pushing open the nursery door, she was greeted with the sight of a very upset Aurora sat up in her crib desperately clinging to the bars. Her cheeks were red and flush, soaked with tears, and Olivia's heart breaks as she heads over to scoop her up into her arms.

"Shh," she soothes, patting the back of the diaper she'd not long changed as she makes her way back to her room. "Mommy's here now." She situates herself back against the headboard of the bed, settling the little one flush against her chest. Her legs curl up against each of her hips, head tucked beneath her mama's chin, breath hitching as tears continue to stream down her cheeks.

"Take a deep breath for mommy, sweet girl," Olivia coaxes as she nuzzles her nose into the top of the little ones head, hand trailing gentle circles across the length of her back.

"M-mama," Aurora chokes out as she chews on her fingers, drool dripping down her chin and wetting her shirt. Olivia's stomach sinks. Of course she'd been naive in thinking they'd get through the rest of the week without issue. She presses a lingering kiss o the top of Aurora's head, already knowing her next words weren't going to be what Aurora wanted to hear.

"You'll see mama tomorrow baby." The regret in her voice was evident.

Aurora's mouth opens, and a loud, gut wrenching sob escapes before Olivia could do anything to stop it. Knowing wiping away the tears would be futile, the woman simply manoeuvres the little one into a cradled position and begins rocking her back and forth.

"I know. I know you miss her. Mommy does too. But mama will be home soon, I promise." She attempts to sooth as her hand places steady pats against Aurora's padded behind, leaning her head down and pressing her lips against the warm skin of the little ones forehead.

Aurora's breath hitches as she frustratedly kicks her legs, and Olivia tuts softly as she uses her shirt wipe away both the drool and tears. An idea springs to mind, and she wonders why she hadn't thought of this sooner.

"Here, let's see if this helps mmm?" She tugs up the loose material of her shirt and cups her breast, grazing the nipple against Aurora's bottom lip.

The little ones mouth instinctively opens at the sensation, and Olivia coaxes her head forward until she had a deep and comfortable latch. Aurora almost immediately begins to suckle as her eyes flutter shut, her hand rising to hold her mother's breast to her face.

A breath of relief escapes Olivia's lips as she slides down the bed a little in an effort to get a little more comfortable, lips curling up into a tender smile as she strokes the soft skin of Aurora's cheek with the backs of her fingers. "There we go. Good girl."

Aurora simply blinks at the praise, the warm breath of her content exhale hitting Olivia's chest as the woman allows her own eyes to flicker closed too.

*

The bed sinking next to her is what wakes Olivia the next day. With the knowledge that it wasn't Aurora since the comforting weight on top of her suggested that the little one was still fast asleep, she forces her eyes open to investigate. She -much to her complete and utter delight- comes face to face with her wife, the woman sat beneath the covers just next to her, and she immediately reaches for her with the arm that wasn't holding Aurora.

"You're home." She mumbles quietly in greeting as Scarlett leans down over them to press her lips against Olivia's own.

Scarlett hums softly as she reluctantly pulls away, lips just centimetres away from her wife's own, "I'm home. I'm sorry for waking you." She apologises, pressing another kiss, this time, to Aurora's forehead.

Olivia shakes her head, "Don't be. I'm happy to see you. I missed you, and so did she." She runs a gentle hand through the little ones hair still snoozing away against her chest. "You want to take her?"

"I missed you both too. And of course," Scarlett accepts as she settles properly against her pillows, gladly manoeuvring Aurora from Olivia's chest to her own. The little one stirs only briefly as she nuzzles her face in between the woman's breasts, small hands instinctively rising and clinging to the material of her shirt. "Hi baby. Mama missed you." She presses a lingering kiss against to the top of Aurora's head.

Another content sigh escapes the little ones lips begins hunting for her food, lips making quiet suckling motions against Scarlett's shirt. Both woman share an amused smile as Scarlett lifts her shirt, placing a gentle hand against the back of Aurora's head to help guide searching mouth towards her bare breast. Aurora latches with an almost practiced ease, her suckles filling the sudden quietness of the room as her body melts against the woman's own.

"I sure am glad to be home." Scarlett sighs contently, brushing the backs of her finger against the little ones cheek. In response, Aurora hand wraps around to her thumb, keeping the appendage as close to her face as possible.

Olivia hums in agreement as her head settles against her wife's shoulder.

"Me too."

**

Just over a week! Must be a new record!

If you wanna see the next chapter, be sure to get this to 100 votes!!

I'd love to hear your thoughts!