10

This is way shorter than normal, but I am so freaking sick rn and have absolutely no motivation to make it longer. I hope you enjoy either way ❤️

**

"She's quiet today," Olivia notes as she looks up from her laptop, sending a glance to Aurora who was curled up on the couch with her lovie pacifier in her mouth. "Is she okay?" She asks as she looks back to her wife who was in the middle of preparing them all a quick lunch that consisted of sandwiches.

Scarlett smiles lightly as she closes to the refrigerator door, wiping her hands off on a clean hand towel. "Maybe she's tired? She was up pretty early."

Olivia hums as she saves and closes document she was on. Scarlett was right. The little one had wondered into their room at around five in the morning all bleary eyed and whiney, and the mothers attempts at getting her back to sleep had been futile. No amount of soothing had coaxed her back into dreamland, and in the end, Scarlett had gotten up with her whilst Olivia had finished sleeping after her thirteen hour night shift.

"Lunch is ready," Scarlett's voice brings her out of her thoughts, and she looks over to see her carrying two ceramic plates over to the dining table. A plastic one follows. "you wanna go get her?"

Olivia nods, "of course." She smiles, closing her laptop and putting it away before rising to her feet. She makes her way into the living room and and crouches before their little one. "Hi pumpkin," she greets tenderly. "Mama's made much. Let's go eat, yeah?"

Aurora smiles sleepily behind her pacifier as she holds out her arms, and Olivia immediately reaches for her and scoops her up into her arms. "Mhh. So warm." She murmurs as she nuzzles her nose into the little ones neck, and Aurora giggles quietly at the tickling sensation as she's carried into the kitchen.

They were met with the sight of Scarlett sat at the table, and before Olivia could even begin to set Aurora down into her own seat, she was letting out a quiet whine and holding out her arms. The women share a look, and after a slight nod on Scarlett's side, Olivia sets the little one down onto her mama's lap before taking her previous place at the table.

Scarlett adjusts her so she was facing sideways before lightly bouncing her legs, "You hungry my love? Can mama have this?" She tugs lightly on the loop of the pacifier, and though Aurora pouts slightly, she allows it to be pulled from her mouth.

"Good girl," Scarlett murmurs before picking up one of the peanut butter and jelly squares she'd cut the sandwich into. "Here you go." She offers it out, but the little one pushes it away before turning her head and burying it into her neck.

Both she and Olivia share a look of concern. Aurora was never one to turn down food.

""You're not hungry?" Scarlett asks in a concerned murmur as she tries again to hand over the food, but Aurora pushes it away again, this time with an unhappy whine. "Okay okay. You don't have to." The woman assures as she sets the sandwich down and pushes the plate away.

She then shifts the little one in her arms so she was more or less cradled before leaning down and pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead.

Olivia watches her wife attempt to sooth their little one for a short moment before an idea springs to mind. Rising to her feet, she heads over to the refrigerator and pulls out the milk along with a bottle from the cabinet. She fills it to the top before popping it into the microwave, only having to wait a few short seconds before it was done.

After making sure the lid was screwed on tight, she crouches down in front of Scarlett and runs a hand through Aurora's hair to get her attention. The little one sniffles pitifully as she pulls her face out of her mama's chest, eyes lighting up ever so slightly at the sight of the bottle in her grasp.

"You want some milk pumpkin?" Olivia asks with a knowing smile, aware of the grin that appears on her wife's face from her peripheral vision. Aurora nods shyly, and Olivia presses a kiss to her head before handing the bottle over to her wife.

Scarlett doesn't hesitate to take it, "Alright baby, let's get your tummy full." She murmurs, grazing the silicone nipple across Aurora's bottom lip. Instinct has the little one latching on almost instantly, her own hand rising to cling to Scarlett's own as she begins to suckle.

The mothers share a smile when Aurora's eyes immediately flutter closed. Her lips were securely wrapped around the nipple of the bottle, her head nestled between the crook of Scarlett's arm and breast.

"I guess she really was tired." Olivia speaks after swallowing her last mouthful of food, and Scarlett hums distractedly as she stares down at their little one with a smile of awe on her face. Olivia rolls her eyes playfully as she presses a kiss to her wife's head before heading over to wash her plate.

As Scarlett looks down at Aurora, suckling away with an almost milk drunk smile on her face, she couldn't help but imagine what it would be like to actually to nourish her with her own body. It had been a little while since the breastfeeding talk, and nothing more had been brought up about it. Aurora had shown signs though. At least unconsciously. The past few nights she'd crawled into bed with them, Aurora had gravitated towards her breast almost as though she was looking for food.

Scarlett had reluctantly been forced to coax her away, knowing that if she allowed the little one to nurse, even without milk, she'd have to be awake to consent to it.

"Soon." She murmurs to herself, adjusting the little one slightly so she could have a free hand to start eating her own food.

"What was that babe?" Olivia questions as she sits back down and reopens her laptop, and Scarlett shakes her head as she swallows the mouthful of her sandwich.

"Just talking to myself." Scarlett assures, and Olivia nods with a knowing smile as she reaches over and gives her wife's hand a squeeze before continuing her work.

Scarlett finishes her sandwich just in time for Aurora to finish her milk, and after the woman had pulled the bottle from her mouth, she lifts her so that her head was over her shoulder before beginning to pat her back.

**

Don't forget to comment and vote for the next chapter my loves 🤍