☆[28]☆

~20240517

"Now you need his permission to even dance?" Lisa said derisively, with a mocking scoff

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You don't even see it. I am not even surprised." She mumbled quietly and wrapped her arms around his shoulders.

Jungkook pulled her closer by the waist in a jerk. "I'd watch my tongue and tone if I were you," Jungkook whispered close to her ear, sending shivers down her body with his stern voice, a reminder not to push her limits too far with him.

They swayed together to the music with pretentious smiles on their faces. "Babe, I've seen what happened on the red carpet. It riled me up. Anyways..." She gazed into his eyes, noticing his distant look, but carried on. "I just want to enjoy being in your arms around so many people."

It was true. She wanted to make it crystal clear that Jungkook was all hers by showing him off to Taehyung. And finally, she was exactly where she wanted to be – with him forever. She was resolved not to jeopardize their relationship. But she also had to prevent Jungkook from recovering from the morning's wrath. She needed to keep that bitter memory fresh in his mind.

The silence enveloping them and the slight tensing of his jaw confirmed that she struck the desired chord. Now, it was time for her to savor the moment.

As she leaned in closer, their bodies almost touching, she could smell his familiar scent that tantalized her senses. This was the moment she craved.

Everything that went awry when she first returned, she believed was marred by Taehyung, now felt like it was falling back into place.

Despite the overwhelming desire to rest her head on his shoulder or kiss him, she exerted restraint by clutching onto his shoulder with her nails.

"I missed you." She murmured softly, her words hanging in the air between their mingling breaths.

She experienced unparalleled bliss as they continued to dance with their gaze locked, she yearned to freeze time at this perfect moment.

With Jungkook by her side, nothing else mattered. Not the world encompassing them,  the people, and most certainly not Kim Taehyu--

She winced in pain as Jungkook tightened his grip around her waist. When she looked at him, she realized he was glaring at something behind her. 

The intensity in his eyes sent a chill down her spine. It was a demeanor she had never seen before.

With a furrowed brow, she reluctantly followed his gaze, only to witness Taehyung engaged in a lively dance with another man- reveling in the moment.

Returning her gaze to Jungkook, she noticed his grip tightening, digging into her skin. Yet, she remained unperturbed by the physical discomfort, her attention captured by the fury in his bloodshot eyes and the piercing glare he directed towards Taehyung.