☆[15]☆

~20231017

Jungkook stared into space, lost in thoughts. This day will probably go down in history as the day Jungkook was least interested in a business meeting for the first time ever. No matter what the distraction is, he pays attention to everything equally.

But will it be the only day that he'll be distracted or are there many days like these to come? Only time will tell since it seems like a lot of things are changing in his life after a certain someone stepped into it.

Bright cleared his throat and that somehow managed to bring Jungkook out of the unpleasant reverie he was in.

"Is everything okay Mr. Jeon?" Mr. Cha asked looking at the brothers back and forth in confusion as they waited for Taehyung to attend the meeting.

Jungkook nodded and looked at his clock. "I think we should continue without Mr. Kim or postpone it." He was sure Taehyung wouldn't attend the meeting today after whatever happened last night.

He was just pretending to wait not to raise any unnecessary doubts on the issue. His thoughts once again pulled him towards Taehyung's condition.

"There is absolutely no need for that Mr. Jeon." Jungkook jerked his head towards the cheerful voice and saw Taehyung walk in with a smile on his face. "Sorry for being late. Let's start?" He looked at Mr. Cha then back at Jungkook before settling down on his seat.

"No problem Mr. Kim." Cha soon started the meeting, Taehyung's complete attention on him. On the other hand, Jungkook kept staring at Taehyung, he could clearly see how the other was trying hard to mask his emotions under the fake smile and how he was acting like everything was normal, like events before a few hours didn't occur.

Taehyung looked at the staring man and raised his eyebrow. Jungkook didn't bother to look away or reply to the look instead he kept staring. Taehyung smiled and shrugged his shoulders while returning back to concentrating on Cha's words.

Jungkook fisted his hands while clenching his jaw and abruptly got up from his chair startling the others present in the room. "I have to be somewhere. I hope the next meeting starts on time. You can postpone this or you can discuss further with my PA." He buttoned his suit and left the chamber after giving Taehyung his infamous death glare.

Cha nodded before hesitantly looking at Taehyung who pressed his lips together. "Sorry Mr. Cha. Can we postpone it?" He asked with the same smile he has been putting on since he arrived. 

"Sure. Mr. Cha. Will mail you the details." Taehyung nodded and left the room. Seeing no presence around his strong and happy facade crumbled as he robotically walked towards the elevator, lost in thoughts, He took a deep breath the moment his eyes teared up. He wish hew the exact reason for the anxiety bubbling up in his heart. It has been like this since he woke up this morning but he went against his instinct and still attended the meeting.

He came out of his thoughts when the he reached the parking lot. He took out the keys from his pockets and walked towards his car, unlocking it. "Jackson is not with you?"

Taehyung startled subtly when he heard the familiar voice behind him. He cursed under his breath, not wanting to deal will anything that involved him acting all happy, especially with Jungkook. He let out a deep sigh closing his yes and smiled before turning around to face the Jeon brothers with the youngest standing farther from them.

"You drove here?" Jungkook asked scanning every inch of Taehyung's face who frowned at his words. "Of course. I can handle myself."

Jungkook closed his eyes, pinching the bridge of his nose trying to be the one in control of his over flowing emotions. Not a single one among them being close to calm. "Are you okay?" He finally let it out. The question he has been fighting to ask.