↳ 𝕟𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘 ( 𝕓𝕣𝕦𝕟𝕠 𝕞𝕒𝕛𝕠𝕣 ) ・❥・: ̗̀➛

ᴡᴇ'ʟʟ ᴘʟᴀʏ ɴɪɴᴛᴇɴᴅᴏ, ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ ɪ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ʟᴏꜱᴇ
'ᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴠ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ ɪ'ᴍ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ.
ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ᴍᴀɴʏ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ɪ'ᴅ ʜᴏɴᴇꜱᴛʟʏ ꜱᴀʏ
ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴍɪɴᴅ ʟᴏꜱɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ,
ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ.

₍ ᐢ.ˬ.ᐢ₎˚୨୧

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓌𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝓂𝑒, 𝒸𝓊𝓇𝓈𝑒!

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊

ᴋᴇʟ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴇ king of video games! He knew every in and out about them. He knew the controls, memorized all the secrets the games had, and understood tips and tricks he could use to make the game easier. Put it all together, and he was undefeated!

Of course, that was before he went through the stupid thing that Hero would call a "crush," but it was definitely not a crush! He would know if it was, especially since he was the one going through it, and it definitely wasn't a crush!

Hero would say that him looking at Aubrey a lot, wanting specifically her attention more, and finding her prettier than normal were signs of a crush, but that wasn't it! He would be laughed at if he told the others what he knew, but he knew what was going on; Aubrey was a witch who put a curse on him that made him start thinking that way. That was the truth! Nothing more, nothing less!

Unfortunately for her, Kel wasn't weak. He didn't let Aubrey's curse get to him, and he even challenged her to play some video games with him. He chose a fighter game that he knew he was good at, so he could beat her more easily. It would be a sign to let her know that he would only give up if he was forced to, so her curse was useless on him. Take that, Aubrey!

Technically speaking, though, Kel wasn't allowed to invite anyone over. He was grounded for bringing mud into the house again when he was always told not to. His mother finally had enough and grounded him on the spot, but he really couldn't understand why. It was just mud. It could easily be cleaned up! What was the big deal?

The point was, though, that he had to stay home, and he couldn't hang out with his friends. It wasn't like most of them could, though. Sunny and Mari were visiting their family, and Basil was with his grandmother. Aubrey was the only one who was free, so she came over to his house, but it was weird how she came over on her own free will. One small, indirect question made him realize that she didn't know about the rules of his grounding. Even if she was the only one who didn't know, he could still let her into his house. No one would know. After all, his parents and Hero were in Nearby City—lucky—and left him behind as punishment. The neighbours were supposed to be watching him, but they were busy right now.

He wasn't sure why he was happy at the thought of having all of Aubrey's attention to himself, but he didn't care about the specifics. All that he should care about was having something to do!

Kel and Aubrey were in Kel's bedroom. Both of them had a controller, and when the video game announced that the fight between the two players was about to start, both of them got ready to fight. Kel knew he was going to beat that curse!

But the curse was doing everything in its power to work against him. When the video game started, a cloud moved away from the sun to shine into the bedroom. It didn't do anything to make the screen harder to see, but it did shine onto Aubrey's hair in a way that made it look more like its natural dark brown colour than black. It looked softer than it normally did, smoother than it normally did, and he had to fight the urge to touch it. The curse was not going to get to him, the curse was not going to get to him...