↳ 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕥𝕪𝕡𝕖 ・❥・: ̗̀➛

𝒹𝒾𝒹 𝒾 𝒹𝑜 𝓈𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓌𝓇𝑜𝓃𝑔?

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊

"ᴡʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴛʏᴘᴇ?" Kel asked Aubrey.

Aubrey glanced at her hands. "Why do you wanna know?"

Because he liked her and was willing to change himself to fit whatever she wanted in a partner. "Just curious."

Aubrey was silent, thinking about it, before her gaze fell on him. She didn't meet his eyes, looking at only her hands. "My type...is a funny guy."

"A funny guy?" Kel liked to think of himself as funny, but other than a few, occasional moments, he never made her laugh. Her laugh was so cute, and it was even cuter when she laughed because of him. Maybe he should try to change his sense of humour to fit hers.

Aubrey nodded, still not meeting his eyes. "A guy who everyone finds funny, but I'll act like he isn't just out of spite. But he's still really funny even when he doesn't try, and he always manages to cheer me up whenever I'm sad. Speaking of cheering me up, I also want a guy who's almost always happy."

"Almost?"

"I mean... It looks like he's happy all of the time, but he isn't. He won't share Why with anyone, so you're just wondering if he's really okay..." She met his eyes for a second before looking away again.

Kel scrunched his nose. "Why do you want that in a partner?"

Aubrey shrugged. "I also want them to be taller than me."

Kel was taller than her, so that was one thing he didn't have to change. But... "How much taller?"

"Just taller than me." Aubrey kept her eyes on her hands, her face heating up and her voice lowering. "I like feeling precious in their arms. Like I'm a treasure they adore with their life."

That was because she was a treasure. Not everyone came across a girl as perfect as her in their entire lives, and Kel was lucky to be able to see her every day.

"I, umm...also like guys who play basketball. They're such idiots—"

"Hey!"

Aubrey frowned, but there was laughter in her eyes. "Some of them are cute idiots."

Kel's mind went to everyone in their high school that played basketball. What if she liked someone at their school? There were plenty of funny and tall basketball players at their school. "Do you mean, like, if they're on a basketball team?"

She thought about it. "Yeah, you can say that."

That narrowed it down, but the thought of Aubrey liking any of them made his stomach twist in uncomfortable ways. "Do you like someone at school?"

Aubrey's head snapped around, her face flushing bright red. "What? No I don't! Why would I like any of them? They're all idiots! And that includes you!"

"You definitely like someone." Kel tried to make his tone sound teasing with an equally teasing smile, but he didn't feel like teasing her. He felt like going home and crying over the fact his childhood crush that he still liked wanted to be with one of his friends.

Aubrey turned her focus to the ground. "Even if I do like someone...I don't have to tell you who it is."

"But you see, now I'm curious. Who do you like?" Who on their high school basketball team was, according to her, better than him? "Do they fit your type?"

Aubrey met his gaze for a second before looking away. "I actually don't really have a type... I just like them for them."

Kel moved closer. "Tell me who it is. I promise I won't tell anyone."

"I'm not telling you who it is." Aubrey moved her hair to fall over her face. "But...I guess I can tell you some stuff. Like...

"I like that he's trustworthy, like I can tell him anything and I know he won't tell anyone. He's also one of the nicest boys I know. He'll help anyone with anything and won't expect a reward back. He does his best to take care of everyone even if he can't help himself. I don't get why he likes putting himself in any situation just to make someone else happy, but that dumb smile he has whenever he's done is just so cute...

"He also tries to stay with his friends all of the time. We...had a fallout, but now that we're friends again, he's determined to not have that same thing happen again. I'm scared I'll ruin everything because of my feelings...but I think he might like me back. Maybe I'll tell him soon, if he doesn't already know."

Aubrey looked at him expectantly, but Kel didn't know what she was expecting. Was he supposed to say something? Encourage her to confess? But he didn't want her to confess! He wanted to be the one she was talking about, not some other guy, and it didn't matter that he was friends with them. No offence, but he knew for a fact that he could treat her better than any of them could.

So, he asked, "Are you sure you can't tell me the name?"

She lowered her voice. "I could...but then the conversation would get awkward."

"I don't care. Who do you like, Aub-sy?"

"Do not call me that."

Kel smiled at her adorable glare that could affect anyone but him. He tapped the tip of her nose, flustering her enough to stop glaring at him. It kind of sucked that her attention wasn't entirely on him now.

When she finished recomposing herself, though she was still slightly red, Aubrey said, "I'll give you the biggest hint I can give you, okay? No one else fits this, and it'll be painfully obvious who I like."

Kel nodded and leaned his head towards her as if she was sharing a big secret. Maybe it was a secret to her, and maybe he should treat it like one.

Thanks to Kel loving basketball enough to play on their high school basketball team, he was about a head taller than Aubrey. It was cute seeing her getting frustrated because of it, like seeing a cute little bunny getting mad. It was obvious she was getting frustrated now, having to stand on her toes to whisper into his ear.

She put a hand on his shoulder to steady herself, making her voice calmer and shyer when she said, "I grew up with the person I like."

Kel leaned back and thought of all of his other teammates on the basketball team. "But you grew up with none of them."

Aubrey, who looked adorably shy just a moment ago, scowled. "Kel, that is the most obvious hint I can give you."

"But you didn't grow up with any of them!" As her childhood friend, he could assure anyone that other than him, Aubrey had never talked to anyone on their high school basketball team before they started high school.

Aubrey sighed, the frustration obvious in her voice. "You're such an idiot. If I didn't know you any better, I'd think you were trying to be funny."

"What did I say?" Kel frowned when Aubrey didn't answer him. He genuinely didn't know what he said that was wrong. She never grew up with anyone on the basketball team! He wasn't lying about anything! Why was she so annoyed with him?

Girls were confusing.

- - - -

𝚆𝚑𝚒𝚌𝚑 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚍 𝟷𝚔 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚜? 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝, 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚘𝚗𝚎! 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜 𝚜𝚘 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐! 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚜𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚏𝚞𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚊𝚕𝚜𝚘 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚏𝚞𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝙰𝚞𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚢 𝚡 𝙺𝚎𝚕 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜! 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚒𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚙 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚊 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎, 𝚜𝚘 𝚕𝚎𝚝'𝚜 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐! 𝙰𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗, 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐!

𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝 (𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚕𝚞𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙰/𝙽): 𝟷𝟷𝟽𝟼