Let's go on.

At night, once again I rested in the forested area, left alone with only my own thoughts, the skinsuit hanging nearby.

 I killed that little girl. She could've have a future out of here, yet I had ripped it from her.

Was it worth it? Was my life worth more than hers?

I couldn't become weak now, I just had to keep going. I would kill if I had to, only to save myself. Maybe selfish qualities came out the most during the harshest times.

At the light of the next day, I carefully slipped the skinsuit on once more, positioning the clothing in a space where it would hide the large wound in the back.

Back to work. Back to butchering.

A large number of pigs were gathered near the area where  the frozen carcasses of mankind hung, left and waiting to be eaten. At the sight of me, the pig from the day before came to me as he'd done before, squealing in welcome. I mimicked his own tone back, trying my best to make the sound a pig would. 

"Pig need, need help. Pig go find best meat for day, and butcher human?"

Oh. That was right. I'm the butcher pig now. Today, I'd have to find someone just like me, and choose them to be slaughtered, just as I'd been chosen.

The pig next to me seemed to be patiently waiting for me to go ahead and get to work, my cleaver shining brilliantly from its residence.

He meant right now.

"Pig go get move on." I responded in a squeal.

I headed towards the barn with the captured humans inside, in cages. My shoulders lifted slightly as I prepared myself for what I had to do. It must be done. My life came above all of theirs. I'd already gone to far as to butcher a child, why not go further?

A hush of silence met me as I entered, slowly dragging myself across the room to eye each and every one of the people inside. Fearful glances refused to meet my watching glance.

I'd just murder an old one. Someone who wouldn't be missed.