Lady Anastasia

It has been a month since I ran away from my home. And things aren't getting better for me, to be frank.

No one would've guessed that I would end up sleeping on a cardboard in the shadowy passages. A whole me, Anastasia Grimes, who lived a lavish life and had no care in the world whatsoever.

But if I had a chance to go back to the past and change my actions, I wouldn't. As much as I'm suffering here, I'd rather suffer here than inside that house with her rotting herself away.

From being the most respected, dignified and beautiful lady to this pig who struggles to even have a bath.

Flashback

" Are you blind you filthy peasant? This is worth more than your whole family's 5 year income!", I screech on top of my voice.

The poor lady is on her knees constantly bowing and begging for forgiveness, " Lady Anastasia, I'm sorry. Please forgive me, I just trip... ", my hand abruptly meets her cheek, earning a low pain filled cry from her.

" 'Sorry' is not going to get my gown clean! You know what? Pack your belongings and never step your dirty foot in my house! ", I pointel to the door with my head held high.

The girl's face is painted with horror at my words. She is panicked and devastated." Lady An... ", i interrupt her," Don't you ever, I mean ever, utter my name in your filthy mouth! ", then with a soft voice, " Get away from my face and get out, now".

She scurries up from her knees and holds her long maid dress, running away.

A satisfied smile creepd to my face.

Oh, how money gives you power over people!

" What are you looking at?", i snapp at the house cook. She shakes her head and runs away. I hum, satisfied, and now I have to see my beautiful mother.

***

" Mother!", I rum to her, holding up the ends of my now dirty gown in my hand. " Oh deary, what happened to your gown ? ", she asks worriedly while touching my gown.

I whine like a child and say, "It's the filthy maids that you employ to work here , mother. She literally threw food on my gown, purposely, for that matter", i exaggerate to get my own way.

Her face relaxes and she looks at me, " Deary, don't say such words. Remember, A lady is always elegant, even with her words. Now, forget about her and go buy yourself a new gown", she concluds.

" But, mother, you know that this is my favourite gown, it can never be replaced!", I threaten to cry. " I know, but you can't go to the ball looking like a commoner, what will the Duke say when he sees his future Duchess dirty? Mhmm", she reasones with me. I pout and agree.

Just when I turn my back, my ugly sister comes to view. Just the mere sight of her makes my blood boil. " Mother, here's some tea. I heard you weren't quite well", she says in a disgusting soft voice.

" Aww, my sweet, sweet girl. Look at how much you've grown, taking care of your mother even though we had tons of maids working in the house. You've grown into a beautiful, fair, caring and kind lady ",she says all the pretty adjectives whilst warm heartedly, squeezing her cheeks, making Aurora laugh lightly.

How dare she, in front of me?

Is she trying to be mother's favourite? I will not let that happen on my watch.

I clear my throat and master the perfect soft voice, " Oh, mother! Why didn't you tell me you weren't feeling well. You know how devastated I become when you're not well. Let me take care of you, damn that ball. You're more important than a useless Duke", i rush to her feet and kneel , to show just how far better I am than Aurora.

Mother chuckles softly, " You dramatic much. It's just a cold, nothing major. Go to the ball, enjoy your time and make me proud, even in my absence. Make our name the star of the ball,both of you, girls. Now, run along", she shooes us both out of her chamber.

" Oh, I hate it when mother isn't well, don't you, Ana? ", she fakes a soft voice. How dare she call me Ana and is she provoking me with that caring act of hers? Oh, how I bore you, Aurora! To hell with you!

I give her a forced grin and tsk, " As if you care about her",i cross my arms on my bosoms, " Always keep in mind that you're nothing but a brat who'll never be mother's favourite", i attempt to walk away with my head held high.

" Ana, why do you hate me so much? Is it something I did?", oh there she is again, playing victim. I am the victim here, ever since she was born she had always been the spotlight, she took it away from me.

She had everyone's attention while I was pushed to the back, I was ignored because of her. Everywhere we went she would always be the one was called 'beautiful' and how she'd grow up into a fine lady, while I was just... Ignored.

" Aurora, you're ugly, you're always nagging me, get away from me!", I scream so that it can hit her right in her heart, like how I always feel.

She is horrid at my words thrown unto her. That's the expression I wanted ever so badly. She deserves everything bad coming her way.

Just then, I run away to my chamber. I am hiding how shaky I had become and the tears that are creeping out, threatening to fall and embarrass me in front of her, who will make a joke out of me. I will never be vulnerable in front of her.

Never.