Light It Up

East Higland High

It was the first day back at school, and everything felt different. Even though the summer was crazy, Jasmine was still happy. She had a boyfriend who she loved, and he loved her. She believed with all her heart that they would be together forever.

Jasmine was walking with her friends when she spotted Rue with the girl who Nate harassed at McKays party.

"Oh shit. That's the girl who was gonna kill Nate at McKays party." BB said.

"Wait, what?" Cassie and Maddy said at the same time.

"Oh yeah, I forgot. All three of you was fuckin'" BB pointed out.

"Why does everybody thing we fucked?" Maddy asked.

"Because you did." Jasmine said. "You were getting it on with him in the pool. Don't you remember?" She asked.

"Alcohol is not good for me." Maddy said.

"So you did fuck him?" BB asked.

"Honestly I think I blacked out." Maddy said.

"For real?" Cassie asked. "Maddy."

"Hey you." Kat greeted.

"Oh look it's one of our newest sexperts." BB said.

"Congratulations, bitch." Maddy hugged Kat.

"Now you and Jasmine can teach us a thing or two." Cassie said.

"C'mon guys it's not that big a deal." Jasmine said.

"Says the girl who can stop talking about her boyfriend." Maddy pointed out.

Jasmine rolled her eyes. "I'm happy, so I wanna share that with my best friends."

"Speak of the devil incarnate." Maddy said when she saw Dj walk to them.

"Hey, baby." Dj greeted.

"Hey you." Jasmine kissed Dj. She then looked at her friends. "I'll see you guys later." The couple walked away holding hands.

"I swear if he hurts her..." Maddy started.

"Don't worry. I'll be with you if he does." Cassie said.

Dj and Jasmine arrived at her locker. "So which class do you have first?" Dj asked.

"Calculus." Jasmine said.

"What a coincidence, so do I." Dj said.

"You know, I have an empty seat next to me and you're not really doing well in class. You may need a tutor." Jasmine said.

"I was thinking of asking the smartest girl in class, but I don't think she's willing." Dj joked.

"Why do you think that?" Jasmine asked.

"Because she's dating this jock who might kick my ass." Dj chuckled.

"You're right, he might just kick your ass." Jasmine said. "I think it's best that we don't tell him." She closed her locker and kissed him. "Seriously though, you need a tutor if you wanna stay on the team. It would be a shame if the captain of the football team was kicked off the football team."

"Well, my hot and smart cheerleader girlfriend can tutor me." Dj said.

"Done." Jasmine smiled.

"I'm thinking of asking coach to start the bench warmer." Dj said. "He's got some skill."

"I think its a great idea, but you can't call him bench warmer if he starts." Jasmine pointed out.

"Scrub then." Dj said. Jasmine laughed. They then walked to Dj's locker. "All I'm saying is that maybe he deserves a chance." Jasmine smiled at Dj. "What?" He asked.