Chapter 17

After ensuring the last defenders had managed to evacuate China unscathed, Leigh, Darnell, LaRue, Dunning, Marquez and Tores were indeed the last elements leaving the country as they promised. They indeed knew their mission was accomplished, but the job was to be finished as they walked towards a USMC MV-22B Osprey parked at the end of the airport perimeter.

As Leigh gazed towards the Chinese airport one last time, USAF F-35As and F-16 Block 72s, which were commanded by a USAF, ROKAF and Australian AWACS and refueled by several USAF, ROKAF and Australian tanker aircraft, flew over her and dropped their bombs to dig some huge craters to prevent anyone from using the airstrips to ever harm civilians as well as the facilities of the airport itself to prevent any hostile force from ever using them ever again to attack America or its allies.

"Sarge, we are to leave now!" Darnell yelled to Leigh.

Leigh then turned around before running toward the USMC Osprey and stopping a few meters away from the tiltrotor aircraft and looking one last time at that country she fought in the past after fighting against Venezuela, Iran and Russia during World War III. Leigh thought of everything that had transpired before finally boarding the Osprey, which then took off once Leigh had sat next to her second-in-command.

As the Osprey left China, other F-35 and F-16 fighter jets then bombed the rest of the airport before a B-52H Stratofortress bomber turned the whole compound into dust thanks to guided missiles, finishing the job.