Prologue

August 30th 2030

In August 15th 2030, World War III was over since August 15th 2027. In a lush valley somewhere in Southeast Asia laid a compound made up of huts and farmhouses. And watching over the compound was a team of US Marine Intelligence members led by US Marine Sergeant Leigh Barton, who was holding her M4A1 carbine in her hands while her M320 grenade launcher was strapped to her body armor in addition to two M72A7 LAW rocket launchers strapped to her back.

Leigh looked through her binoculars and saw several individuals armed with PPSh-41 submachine guns and AKM rifles at the northern part of the compound. Looking at the West, she spotted more gunmen armed with AKMS rifles and Uzi machine guns, whom she identified as local thugs. Suddenly, she caught sight of individuals armed with QBZ-191 rifles after identifying them as renegade Chinese soldiers loyal to the now-deposed regime while correctly identifying the men armed with Type 56 rifles as local thugs.

Leigh and her teammate, Darnell then looked further to the East of the compound to see a group of men wielding AK rifles alongside men wielding QBZ-191 rifles. The duet then saw two of the QBZ-191-armed men were heading towards another group of AK-holding individuals. As the two Americans looked at the group, another duet, consisting of two US Marines named LaRue and Dunning kept an eye on the team's rear while Marquez and Tores watched the West side of the compound.

"Where the fuck did they get guns? I thought the US Constitution had been modified by the US Congress during World War III for better gun control and more power to the federal authorities instead of lobbies." Leigh told Darnell.

"I know. But those guns are sourced from China. Means the Chinese don't want gun regulations." Darnell replied.

"Or could be from Thailand, since they're very complacent, unlike our politicians and our people who have become increasingly aware of the dangers of weapons and substances. Other Allies involved in World War III have also instituted stricter and harsher gun-owning policies, including our country." Leigh replied.

"Yeah. But they're led by renegade Chinese troops, who have no regards for this new peace." Darnell concluded.

Leigh nodded upon seeing her teammate was right, since said gunmen were training to fire weapons while also packing illegally-made rifles and machine guns. Understanding what was at stake, Leigh put her hand on the button of her radio and called a US Navy destroyer for a missile strike on the camp.

Upon hearing the US Navy destroyer requesting coordinates, Leigh gave accurate data on the camp, including its exact location, to the destroyer before she heard the missile was going to impact in a few seconds. And a few seconds after the destroyer warned her, Leigh saw a massive fireball engulf the whole camp before she and her team felt the blast. Leigh then radioed the destroyer to confirm the missile hit the intended target before getting orders to conduct a battle damage assessment to confirm whether the target was fully destroyed or not.

After she and her team went down their observation post, Leigh and her team began scanning the area for any hostile survivor. Seeing the renegade Chinese soldiers were either dead or too badly injured to pose a real threat, Leigh and the team focused their attention on the militants, who were in equally bad shape. This naturally allowed the team to check the destroyed buildings and see all of the ammunition had been blown off by the massive thermite explosion caused by the US Navy missile. Darnell accurately deduced the ammo had cooked off, meaning they overheated to the point of exploding without even being fired.

Leigh smirked upon seeing they actually and quite literally blew a whole weapons trafficking ring since there were destroyed ammunition and weapons everywhere, as well as badly burned enemies dying all around the team. Though Leigh didn't feel any satisfaction in killing people, she did feel satisfied in dismantling a weapons trafficking ring.